thank you Salt Lake City!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Wanderer

Kid A
thank you for a great two weeks, I'm thrilled with how things went, everyone is going home safe, good luck to Torino in 2006!!!
smile.gif

--------
it was a beautiful day...

Yeah I think Salt Lake should be pleased.They did great!
No disasters like Atlanta.
Its amazing how quickly it comes and goes.
I think I'll miss The Ice Dream more than anything!
frown.gif

It was sure a great Games for the Aussies
smile.gif

It's been a great Games. Despite all the political machinations and posturing, the performances turned in by the athletes have been amazing and inspiring. I made a decision this week. I've watched the Winter Olympics on television one too many times. In four years, I intend to be in Torino, Italy for the 20th Winter Olympic Games.

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
It's been a great Games. Despite all the political machinations and posturing, the performances turned in by the athletes have been amazing and inspiring. I made a decision this week. I've watched the Winter Olympics on television one too many times. In four years, I intend to be in Torino, Italy for the 20th Winter Olympic Games.

start saving your pennies now, sula, it'll cost a fortune!!!

I wanted so bad to go to the games at SLC but it was actually a lot cheaper to visit Ireland for 2 1/2 weeks. Of course, now that the games are over with, I know I should have gone anyway
frown.gif

880 bucks for one seat, opening or closing ceremony, face value jeez

Salt Lake,

What can I say? I was so sceptical at first...how you got the Olympics, the overwhelming Americana I was going to have to deal with...

I watched nearly every event....my most ever. It brought my family and me closer together. Gave me something to talk about. Brought the world closer together. Celebrated hard-work, team effort, and the spirit of sport...helped cleaned up a few tainted events. Brought a country together for a few moments in the shadow of a gold hockey medal. We saw failure, disappointment, happiness, joy, tears...the human spirit, will, determination. I am truly inspired ( I know I sound corny, but I'm seriously going to go through Olympic withdrawl).

Thank-you Salt Lake City.

I am sad that the Olympics are over. I miss them already.

Oh well, at least I can watch the Grammy's in two days !

http://www.commonwealthgames.com/the_games/

The Commonwealth Games are for all the nations that make up the commonwealth (formely known as the british empire), every four years. This includes a range of entities, from 'the home countries' (england, wales, scotland, ireland), a number of protectorates, commonwealth nations like Australia and republics that remain under the Commonwealth banner such as South Africa, Canada, India and Pakistan. Australia has dominated recent installments of the games, as youll find that it is usually by far the best performed commonwealth nation at the Summer Olympics (the Commonwealth games are a summer event).

The Winter Olympics made but the tiniest of marks on my everyday life. And I suspect the Commonwealth Games will too, even though they are being held 20 minutes from my house.

Back
Top Bottom