Texas, Queensland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope he's gone quiet cos the doctor's there.

Unfortunately not. Just sitting in front of the heater. This is so distracting and uncomfortable. I wish the doctor would get here. It's been about an hour since I called ...

Evening, people. Ax, I am feeling for you right now. I'll tell you about The Harris Park Ear Ache one day. It's gone down in history here. Having 3 caesarian sections was not as painful as The Harris Park Ear Ache. It sounds a little like yours, where in the space of maybe 2 hours it had gone from a crackling and blocked sensation to me endlessly vomiting and having a swollen neck.

:hug:

They're fucking awful things. I get ear problems every now and then. They suck in every possible way.

Well I think I'm finally to head off to bed, catching up on the current season of Monk has just left me pissed off. Hope everything turns out all right Ax.

Well I think I'm finally to head off to bed, catching up on the current season of Monk has just left me pissed off. Hope everything turns out all right Ax.
I like Monk. Pity the new eps suck.
anyway, goodnight!!

Seeya Ashley! :wave:

And hey Anna... that sounds like an epic ear ache. :yikes:
Epic is one way to describe it!
:scream:

Hi Anna!

I'm sure that description of your ear ache has made Ax feel much better...
Dude! It was so bad! I hope he doesn't feel worse.

If you're bored, read my sorry story :wink:
I was in a work meeting and it wound up about 2pm. I was sitting with a group, coincidentally one of them was the guy in my zoo confesh thread, and my ear just suddenly started crackling and it felt blocked. I sat quietly thinking it would go away. It didn't. After a while I cleared out for the day, it was Friday, I gave myself an early mark. I was giving a friend a lift home but asked her to drive - I didn't dare as I felt so sick and it was really unfamiliar - not a normal ear ache. I had lost what seemed like all my hearing in this one ear and the crackling was mixed in now with sharp stabbing pains. We drove in silence because I couldn't hear her and I felt this massive wave of nausea every time I moved. Husband arrived home, by now I couldn't walk, I was vomiting continually -literally, and the pain was excruciating. I lived on the 3rd floor of a block of flats with no lift and it took me 15 minutes just to get downstairs. Thinking as it was JUST an ear ache, we'd find a doctor rather than bother the hospital. We finally found one and thankfully they had a nurse and all that treatment room biz. I was in the waiting room for about a minute when I somehow ended up in the treatment room. I got 2 injections of maxolon and the other one to stop the vomiting and was there for about an hour while the nurse and the doctor made sure it was just a shittastic viral infection. A script for Panadeine Forte later, I was back at home and in bed where I remained from that Friday evening until Wednesday of the next week. The pain was nothing I can honestly describe.
:tsk:

So just got a call from them, they can't be here until after midnight, oh god.

I don't know if I should maybe pop down to the hospital on the last tram. I have no insurance though.

So just got a call from them, they can't be here until after midnight, oh god.

What will you do about filling a script? Is there a chemist close by? Or can your doctor dispense medications? I went to one once who was able to dispense. It made things much easier, but he was a bit of a quack.
:slant:

:huh:

I dunno... I guess there's no guarantee you won't be kept waiting at the hospital, either.

Yeah. Turns out I've missed last tram anyway. Fuck Sundays. Guess I'll just keep grinning and bearing it until the doctor gets here. Pain is constant, but very uncomfortable.

I wish my ears would stop hurting and ringing. I wish the doctor would get here. I just want to go to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom