Testje - VII - Just say no to the Magic Bootin!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was suppose to:

-Clean out my closest
-Clean out my desk
-Dust and vacuum
-Take the clothes that I was suppose to clean out of my closet to charity
-Make dinner

What I did:
-Woke up
-Got online
-Ordered 2 CDs and a book online
-Read new book I got last night
-Went to grocery store, as I planned on making pizza
-Got online

I like to stay awake as long as I can.

I have seven minutes before I go make pizza. :|

java is erhm.... necessary to play yahoo pool

and i dont know why it broke down

Tomer said:
java is erhm.... necessary to play yahoo pool

and i dont know why it broke down

Java script? I get it now.

:hug: I'm sure you'll be able to play later.

When my computer stuff doesn't work. I usually just kick it. If that doesn't work, then I'm all out of ideas. :shrug:

:happy:

Spain soon ?

I went to the lyc?e today to meet all the teachers & the headmaster : it was amazing ! There are more than 160 teachers there ! :yikes:
I have one mmore meeting tomorrow afternoon & one on friday and then... I start on saturday ! :uhoh:
My colleagues sound very nice and young. I think I'm going to get on well with most of them. Well... I hope !
What do you do now that's you're on holiday Marty ?

PS : I'm not going to stay long here cause I got to wake up very early tomorrow. :huh:

So I made my sister a happy person yesterday.
As I maybe mentioned before, on Monday I checked with Dell when the computer would be delivered and they said Thursday 2 September. I thought that was a bit late, but hey, if it is like that, it is like that. However, yesterday I checked again with Dell (and since I had the tracking code I could also see where the package was exactly, as the shipping was done by UPS) and then they suddenly said 1 September again. So I grabbed my stuff, got in the car and drove to my sister (which is about a 105 minute drive). She had to work all day today and so she could not be home when the computer would arrive, so big brother who has a vacation would stay at her place to wait for the computer. Yes, I brought a book with me and some DVD's to kill the time I'd have to wait (since they only indicated it would be somewhere between 9 AM and 5 PM).
Around 14:45 I arrive at my sister's place. Or rather, I reach her street. There, the street is blocked by a truck from UPS. I see the delivery man at her door and starting to walk back to his van. Quickly, I park the car at the side of the street and call my sister saying that the UPS guy is at her door. I also jump out of the car and walk to the man, asking if this is the computer for my sister. He confirms it and says that he couldn't find a name tag on the door, so he could not ring the correct bell. At that moment my sister walks out of the door, so she can sign for delivery. Thus, instead of being delivered somewhere on 1 September, it's even 31 August she gets her new computer. You can imagine her joy. :hyper:
And it made me realise I probably would have waited all day for nothing should the delivery man have come round that day, since he wouldn't have found the correct bell to ring.

This time, I really was the right person at the right place at the right time. :)

Lara Mullen said:

chivalry

The qualities idealized by knighthood, such as bravery, courtesy, honor, and gallantry toward women.

:up:
ahaa!

so that's why all the women love me

So, with the computer delivery out of the way, I could really take full advantage of my visit to my sister (even though she wasn't home today). Yesterday evening I took her and her house mate (also her best friend) out for dinner. Not a fancy restaurant, but a student-type dinner (and they have a lot of those in Maastricht as they have fairly sized student population). We did have dinner a bit early, because we wanted to go to a pub quiz later. There's this Irish pub that has a pub quiz every Tuesday or so. My sister has mentioned it to me a few times before and also called me some Tuesday evenings when she was looking for an answer to a question they asked during the quiz. :shifty:
Anyway, the three of us entered the quiz as one team (apparently, when my sister and her friends compete, they always use the name Coffee Lovers for their team, so it was also the name this time, even though I really don't like coffee :huh: ) and there were about 25 teams (some of up to eight people or so). After a few rounds it became clear that we wouldn't end first, so no bottle of whisky for us (or as it turned out to be for that night, vodka). After all the rounds (including a quite hard musical round where you'd to guess artist and title from musical fragments; one of the fragments was Miss Sarajevo :hyper: :up: ) we ended on the 11th place. :shrug: Oh well... at least it was fun. And the Kilkenny tasted good. :yes:

After the pub quiz my sister went home, as she had to get up early today. Her friend and I went to another bar to have a few more drinks, meet friends and have good conversations. :drunk:
In all, it was a very fun night. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom