Temple Bar-Even if you cannot hear my voice I'll be right beside you dear

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the rockin edge said:

ive followed every move he's made since i was 8, this depresses me :sad:

:hug: I can understand that. I'd be kinda sad if Kobe up and went to play in Italy. Not that he's done much to impress me lately :rolleyes:

redkat said:

:hug: I can understand that. I'd be kinda sad if Kobe up and went to play in Italy. Not that he's done much to impress me lately :rolleyes:

bad comparison, the Italians aren't half bad at basketball. more like if he went to play in....Guatemala or something. a league that has no global respect/stature.

the rockin edge said:

bad comparison, the Italians aren't half bad at basketball. more like if he went to play in....Guatemala or something. a league that has no global respect/stature.

bad comparison :wink: Kobe would shrink into obscurity playing in a league like that. Beckham will have lots of press and be given lots of accolades. He's not going anywhere he's having a broader impact on world sports.

UberBeaver said:

it's true man. any american soccer player who can become anything good ends up in europe, i watch some of them week in week out in the english league :up:

redkat said:

bad comparison :wink: Kobe would shrink into obscurity playing in a league like that. Beckham will have lots of press and be given lots of accolades. He's not going anywhere he's having a broader impact on world sports.

well yeah, i just mean a comparable quality of the sport.:wink:

it's a more convenient London at least for most of the people here. Not that I can make it. :(

Is London a big city?

Beav are we still together for the monday fast?

redkat said:
it's a more convenient London at least for most of the people here. Not that I can make it. :(

Is London a big city?

Beav are we still together for the monday fast?

London is a city in Southwestern Ontario, Canada, along the Quebec City-Windsor Corridor with a metropolitan area population of 432,451; the city proper had a population of 336,539 in the 2001 Canadian census.

but you dont have one of these

tower-bridge.jpg

UberBeaver said:

Absolutely. I'm thinking nothing but tea, OJ, water and maybe some fruit if need be. I'm curious to see if I can do this.

Of course you can do it. :up: If I didn't have to drink guinness today and give blood tonight I'd start today.

the trick is to sip continuously throughout the day so your body is almost getting like an iv drip. Never let yourself feel hungry or empty,

The problem with fruit is it jumps your sugar levels up and then you get the sugar crash. If I start the day with fruit I'm hungry all day. Of course fruit is good for you though :wink:

I'm excited :hyper:

redkat said:

Of course you can do it. :up: If I didn't have to drink guinness today and give blood tonight I'd start today.

the trick is to sip continuously throughout the day so your body is almost getting like an iv drip. Never let yourself feel hungry or empty,

The problem with fruit is it jumps your sugar levels up and then you get the sugar crash. If I start the day with fruit I'm hungry all day. Of course fruit is good for you though :wink:

I'm excited :hyper:

Ahh, good thinking and good advice. I was going to start with no fruit, but if shit got ugly, that would be my fall to snack. I need to also keep myself busy, so I'm hoping work is busy. Keep my mind off it. If things get slow, oye. Not good.

I think overall it's a good thing to do, sort of flush your system out now and then. A few years ago I ate nothing my fruits and vegetables for a week, that was kinda cool. It's like getting a tune up. :D

Hi ana and NSW( I was wondering if you'd come back to us)

If you've done fruits and veggies before i bet youll do fine. I probably chose some protein over fruit if I feel icky. almonds or peanut butter. Don't know if that effects the cleansing though :hmm:

Someone just told me they'd never date a redhead based on advice they've been given by every friend who's ever dated a redhead. WTF :mad: Is that a universal truth I'm not aware of?

UberBeaver said:

Absolutely. I'm thinking nothing but tea, OJ, water and maybe some fruit if need be. I'm curious to see if I can do this.

the oj will also raise your blood sugar. better to stick to tea, water and maybe a clear broth. are you just doing this for 24 hours? it shouldn't be that bad as long as you continually have something to drink and stay away from tv. the commercials will kill you.

Doozer61 said:

the oj will also raise your blood sugar. better to stick to tea, water and maybe a clear broth. are you just doing this for 24 hours? it shouldn't be that bad as long as you continually have something to drink and stay away from tv. the commercials will kill you.

She's right. The juice I drink is seriously watered down. Spiking your blood sugar will do you in.

Damn. All this talk of fasting, and I'm contemplating a taco for lunch. :reject:

My daughter participates in this fundraiser ever year called The Thirty Hour famine. The start at 9 am one day (so they can have breakfast) and finish at 5 pm the next day. All they can have between is fruit juices. She's usually fine by the first evening, the hunger starts to go away. I think they key is, like Beav said, keeping yourself distracted. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom