Tell me why you're here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I looked at the topic and then across to see what forum this Q was in. Goal Is Soul? You would have got a very long-winded answer.
Lemonade Stand?...well U2 and lemons and people of course.
My net time is sacred. If it's sunny I might feel I am actually "doing" something because the washing machine is also turned on, but bascially it's my time not to feel I have to be "doing" something. I make a cup of tea and bliss out here for as long as I can get away with it:)

well, i'm watching music videos on my comp, and i'm waiting for the purse i just decorated to dry.

oh, i'm also downloading more music videos. i've already got all the mp3s i'd want. legal ones, of course. :wink:

on here...listening to coldplay boots...procrastinating against doing my laundry....about to go make a sandwich.

gotta multi-task whilst you're young and you can

Angel said:
off to go put my fat clothes on and watch TV. :D

fat clothes :drool:

perfect for writing outline after outline and paper after paper and studying for finals and packing and posting and chatting and listening to music and watching hockey!

:shifty:

i can't talk hockey while watching it.

there's a lot of minnesota sports going on tonight. :hyper:

oh...and a lot of minnesota losing :mad:

not by the wild though :angry:

tiny dancer said:
Taking a break from being at the hospital where my mom is, who is sick at the time. Also emailing my brothers about how she is doing.

i hope your mom is ok. :hug:

i'm waiting for my daughter to get home from school so we can go swimming.

martha said:
The cake layers appear to be perfect! Tomorrow night I'll whip some cream and cut up and sugar some strawberries. The whipped cream will go between the layers and the strawberries will go on top.

Dub, go get some cake pans and some flour and start baking!!! You will feel so good when there's something delicious in your very own oven!! :heart:
I'm coming over, Martha :wave:
You're quite the baker here, huh? :kiss:

I'm spending time here that I should be spending writing...there's not enough time to write the article that I need to write, so I'm going to leave this office soon.*
I'm also listening to the new White Stripes album that someone near me is playing.
And I'm also wishing that I was eating a homemade waffle right now?I had chocolate chip waffles on Tuesday and I am going to buy a waffle iron this weekend!!!

*Edited to say that I'd rather be posting at Interference than anything else!

Last edited:
I should: write an essay for school
and learn for the :censored: :silent: exam on monday
(I won't be at home this weekend)

But instead I'm here.

I just wanted to say hello:wave:
I always like to talk to new people...

martha said:

I do like it, and I'm pretty good at it most of the time. Come on over; this weekend I'm making coconut scones.
Oh my...:drool:
Oh Martha!! I'm coming over!! :hyper::hyper:
You *have* to give me the recipe for these scones :faint:

I'm here because I have no other place to go. Oh wait...I need to get something to eat. But I'll be back...

I'm watching my hubby help my niece with a report on the solar system....better him than me heehee!

martha said:

I made them last night, and I've made them a few other times, but these turned out the best ever! :drool: I'll post the recipe here sometime today. It's from Sunset magazine.
Oh you're so awesome Martha :hug: :heart: :drool:

Here it is!

It's from Sunset magazine. There, I won't get sued now.

Coconut Scones

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a cookie sheet (the kind without edges works best).

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1/2 cup rolled oats
3 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup cold butter, cut into chunks
2 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup raspberry jam (or cherry jam)

Ideally, the milk and eggs should be room temperature.

1. In a large bowl, mix flour, coconut, oats, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, and salt. With a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture forms coarse crumbs.

2. In a small bowl, beat eggs and milk to blend. Reserve one tablespoon of this mixture, then stir remaining mixture into flour mixture. Stir only until evenly moistened.

3. Scrape dough directly onto buttered cookie sheet. With lightly floured hands, pat the dough into an 8 inch round. With floured knife, cut into 8 wedges, but do not separate wedges. Brush the top of the round with the reserved egg mixture, and sprinkle with the remaining tablespoon of sugar.

4. Make a 1 inch diameter depression on top of each wedge and fill each with about 1/2 tablespoon of jam.

5. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes in the 375 degree oven. Recut scones to separate and serve, or transfer to wire rack to cool completely.

This is my favorite scone recipe! :heart: This last batch was perfect. I used raw sugar for the topping, and they are ever so slighly crunchy!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom