tell me about the rapture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IWasBored

Blue Crack Supplier
i will be seeing them play with BRMC. what should i expect?

tell me about them. because i know you know, and i don't know.

I have a song on one of my playlists and its called Iio-Rapture. Is the group Rapture or the song? I've never known :lol:
I like it though.

The Rapture are a sort of post-punk dance/electroclash band who recorded the ubiquitous 'House of Jealous Lovers.' Their album, Echoes was recieved very well by critics, but I don't really like it. :shrug: There are a few tracks ('HoJL' and 'Olio,' especially) that are interesting, but the vocals annoy the hell out of me (it's the screaming type, but not good Frank Black-style screaming....bad Robert Harvey of The Music-style....but with worse music). I've seen them compared to Gang of Four, but GoF are VASTLY superior and less obnoxious, in my opinion.

hmmm

i have a feeling i'm not going to be all that into them

should i be the annoying person who yells at the band between songs? :hyper: juust kidding :wink:

I have friends that ADORE them..

:shrug:

I'll be seeing them with BRMC too. I think. :shrug:

I now end this broadcast having contributed nothing to this conversation.

Go see BRMC for BRMC...the rest is insiginificant.

that would be what i did.

i did not so much enjoy the rapture. they're probably good at what they do, and i now know what a bunch of 15 year olds on drugs look like when they dance. it just ain't my cup o' tea.

i was pretty close to being that annoying person who yells 'hey you suck' at them...but i was a little more worried when the sax/electronic guy's saxaphone case started smoking. he put it too close to the lights they had on the floor and the plastic around the zipper melted...

that other opening band would be better left unmentioned.

BRMC were good, they held my interest despite the fact that i was worried about not being able to find my lost keys.

i do, however, plan to stick to punk rock/hardcore/oi shows...more my style.

Back
Top Bottom