Teen Actress Scout Taylor-Compton Missing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Girl1978

Blue Crack Addict
Thursday August 25 6:58 AM ET

Scout Taylor-Compton, star of the recent teen comedy "Sleepover," has been missing from her California home for nearly two weeks, officials and her publicist said Wednesday. A spokeswoman for the San Bernardino Sheriff said the young actress was likely a runaway.

The 16-year-old was last seen at home on Aug. 12, according to a statement released by her family.

"We sincerely appreciate everyone's attention and concern regarding Scout and are praying for her safe return," the statement read. "We have faith in the agencies working on the case and are optimistic that the outcome will be positive."

One sheriff's deputy has been assigned to the case, and the family has hired a private investigator, said sheriff's spokeswoman Robin Haynal.

Haynal said Taylor-Compton also goes by the name Desiree Compton.

Besides 2004's "Sleepover," Taylor-Compton played a bit part in "13 Going on 30," with Jennifer Garner, and recently landed a leading role in the Bravo series "Hidden Howie."

She's also appeared on WB's "Gilmore Girls" and worked in independent films and music videos. In June she finished filming an independent film called "Tomorrow Is Today" in New Jersey.

"Her parents are completely distraught," said her publicist Laura Marks.

I don't know who she is, I saw her picture on Yahoo and she's very pretty

mdf40784.jpg

i have no idea who she is either but for anyone who is concerned she has beenfound alive and well.

i saw that story before i even saw this.

Missing Teen Actress Found

by Marcus Errico
Aug 25, 2005, 11:30 AM PM

A day after her parents went public, teen actress Scout Taylor-Compton has been found safe and sound.

The 16-year-old was reunited with her family Thursday, officials said, two weeks after vanishing from the family's home in Apple Valley, California.

Details are scant on Taylor-Compton's whereabouts for the past two weeks, but a spokeswoman for the San Bernadino County Sheriff's Department said that school friends had seen reports Wednesday that Taylor-Compton was AWOL and alerted school officials, who in turn contacted the Apple Valley Police Department. The police tracked down Taylor-Compton and returned her to her family.

Authorities say the actress appeared healthy and there was no sign of criminal activity. The sheriff's department said Wednesday they were treating the case as a runaway.

Taylor-Compton finished shooting the independent film Tomorrow Is Today in June. Her previous credits include the 2004 teen comedy Sleepover and a recurring role as Dean's sister, Clara, on Gilmore Girls. She's also has a leading part in Bravo's new Howie Mandel series, Hidden Howie.

Back
Top Bottom