Tea, South Dakota Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aussie Rules >>>>>>>>>>> Cricket
Aussie Rules >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rugby

COBL_04 said:
Aussie Rules >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rugby

You = wrong.

I think I'll go for a sport where the men control the ball rather than a sport where the ball controls the men.

Actually, on a serious note, it's kinda weird but in my entire time in Melbourne, most people I've met have not been serious AFL fans at all! I'm starting to wonder where they're all hiding. I was promised a city of sports-mad lunatics and I've encountered a surprising amount of apathy.

COBL_04 said:

case in point. similarly while i think america's sport is baseball, my best friend thinks it's football. ad infinitum.

I think I'll go for a sport where the men control the ball rather than a sport where the ball controls the men.

You stated this before and while there is a degree of truth in it, I don't see what makes rugby the instant victor because of it. Because 'the ball controls the men', there's a layer of unpredictability that is never in a rugby match.

Varitek said:
\

i think it's got everything to do with your self-admitted fervent anti-americanism that has grown in the past year, as you have said. and i think you've been a total jackass about multiple things that the rest of us lightly joke about amongst countries. don't become a diplomat, ever.

Hey now, I've never called myself anti-American. I've said a lot about the US shits me, but it's one thing to say that and quite another to adopt anti-Americanism.

And I know, I'd be a loose cannon if I were a diplomat. I'd be the pacifist who starts wars or something.

The Sad Punk said:

You stated this before and while there is a degree of truth in it, I don't see what makes rugby the instant victor because of it. Because 'the ball controls the men', there's a layer of unpredictability that is never in a rugby match.

The first time I made that remark was at a Brisbane Lions game I attended at the 'Gabba, where the first half was just a complete mess of the ball bouncing around and the players having no idea. It got amazingly boring. The second half had more semblance of gameplay and strategy and I got quite into the game by the end. But I nearly fell asleep in the first half, it was so uncontrolled and dull. "Oh no, the ball's out of bounds again, now they're going to bounce it back in for the third time this minute" sort of thing.

So that's where I'm coming from.

Axver said:

The first time I made that remark was at a Brisbane Lions game I attended at the 'Gabba, where the first half was just a complete mess of the ball bouncing around and the players having no idea. It got amazingly boring. The second half had more semblance of gameplay and strategy and I got quite into the game by the end. But I nearly fell asleep in the first half, it was so uncontrolled and dull. "Oh no, the ball's out of bounds again, now they're going to bounce it back in for the third time this minute" sort of thing.

So that's where I'm coming from.

That's basically how I feel every second watching Gridiron.

re: wiki article. canada is officially lacrosse, but hockey's fucking huge. so's curling, unless we americans exagerate the importance of it to make fun of them. the article says the us is baseball, the map says football.

ax you're full of shit. latin america is on the baseball map. so's japan, and it's huge in korea too. china and taiwan also have burgeoning leagues.

The Sad Punk said:
Wait, are Latvia and Lithuania really basketball countries?

If Wikipedia's to be believed!

# Latvia - Basketball and Novuss are the national sports while Ice Hockey is considered the most popular sport followed by Association Football.
# Lithuania - Basketball is most closely linked to national identity, with Association Football also widely followed.

Although most of it is unsourced, the basketball statement for Lithuania is backed up with a reference to a printed source.

Now you're just being petty and silly, Vazza. Latin America is not all baseball, don't even be so daft as to suggest it. Ever heard of Brazil's soccer team, perhaps?

I'm going to dream about Latvian basketball players playing their Estonian pals to the north in an awesome game (they play it on skis). Baron Davis will be on the Estonian side to make it better. Since it is a dream, the referee will probably be a type of train.

G'night, guys! :wave:

The Sad Punk said:
I'm going to dream about Latvian basketball players playing their Estonian pals to the north in an awesome game (they play it on skis). Baron Davis will be on the Estonian side to make it better. Since it is a dream, the referee will probably be a type of train.

G'night, guys! :wave:

:lol: This sounds like the most awesome game of basketball ever.

G'night. :wave:

Axver said:
Now you're just being petty and silly, Vazza. Latin America is not all baseball, don't even be so daft as to suggest it. Ever heard of Brazil's soccer team, perhaps?

1. brazil is south america, it is not latin/central america.

2. i am not the one claiming any place is all anything. i said they play baseball and it is popular, but this does not preclude other sports like soccer. i am not the one being dogmatic here.

Varitek said:

1. brazil is south america, it is not latin/central america.

2. i am not the one claiming any place is all anything. i said they play baseball and it is popular, but this does not preclude other sports like soccer. i am not the one being dogmatic here.

1. What are you on about? Latin America is the part of the Americas where the Romance languages are spoken, i.e. Central and South America. Of course Brazil is a Latin American country.

2. Alright.

Axver said:

1. What are you on about? Latin America is the part of the Americas where the Romance languages are spoken, i.e. Central and South America. Of course Brazil is a Latin American country.

2. Alright.

1. when we say it we mean central america. and we're closer, so there.

2. wow didn't know you had that in you.

TIE FUCKING BALLGAME BABY

and moss is pretty hot too. i'd hit it.

sadly this means unless we can score again, my date with my bed is delayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom