Te Urewera National Park Chat Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

Now you lot are getting me worried. I'm planning to go on and get my Masters and PhD in History.

Then again, it sounds like Aussie undergrad is a bludge compared to US undergrad (yet somehow the Uni of Melbourne still one of the top 20 in the world), so hopefully the same holds true for postgrad!

Not really, my problem is I'm finishing up a DDS this year. Next year I'm starting an MD program on oral surgery so I had to take a few extras.

My undergrad and Ph.D is in chemistry. that was much easier.

unico said:
my grad was in higher education and student affairs (or educational leadership and policy studies...they can't decide on a name, neither can my school.) so my assistantship was also in student affairs. residence life one year and campus programming the next. thus, they could get away with milking us for our hours. on the plus side, tuition was free :D

i hear higher education in general is way different in the u.s. compared to the rest of the world. for example, MA programs are only one year, PhDs probably don't take a billion years to finish like they do here, and undergrad has a much more specialized curriculum from w hat i understand.

Ahh, right.

Yeah, I'm just amazed at how generalised undergrad sounds in the US, some of it sounds more like school really, not uni. All I've ever done is History and PolSci. Sure, I could've done more, but I haven't. I've been comfortable in my faculties. I haven't looked too much into the details of how the postgrad stuff works, just a bit into Honours as that's looming fast. Can't wait to do that as I frankly feel bored and unchallenged by undergrad and may just go mad if I have to write too many more 2,000 word argumentative research essays. I can almost do the bloody things in my sleep now.

I'm out for the night. See all you postwhores in a few hours. :wave:

coolian2 said:
Good god, 12 pages in the old thread to catch up on.

The price i pay for being well rested.

If you're doing the 30 posts per thread, there're some really good ones around pages 23-26.

coolian2 said:
Good morning people

I see despite my huge lead i got pwned in the last thread

We all did. There is no competing if there's sleeping.

Axver said:

Ahh, right.

Yeah, I'm just amazed at how generalised undergrad sounds in the US, some of it sounds more like school really, not uni. All I've ever done is History and PolSci. Sure, I could've done more, but I haven't. I've been comfortable in my faculties. I haven't looked too much into the details of how the postgrad stuff works, just a bit into Honours as that's looming fast. Can't wait to do that as I frankly feel bored and unchallenged by undergrad and may just go mad if I have to write too many more 2,000 word argumentative research essays. I can almost do the bloody things in my sleep now.

Lucky bastard. See, I can write the essays. I just don't like doing the research.

Axver said:
Stats from the Djibouti thread:

Total Posts: 1,003
User Posts
Axver 222
coolian2 171
the tourist 141
Varitek 140
bono_man2002 89
mysterious_jen 83
unico 48
Alisaura 32
liamcool 28
phillyfan26 15
DreamOutLoud13 12
TranceEnding 10
No spoken words 5
Doozer61 4
RavenBlue 2
Screwtape2 1

Wow, way for me to come from behind to win by a mile.

How the fuck did I wind up 3rd? I was gone all fucking day!

coolian2 said:

My university sucks for that. They only want you to repeat everything you've researched back to them, screw original thought.

Yeah. Very true. I've gotten good and writing what the teacher wants to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom