Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotameteaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenakitanata Su

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the Fly is really one of the only songs that's just gotten better and better... Desire has got so much potential, but it's just wasted.

And PFan, that's an awesome alt. Pop.

phillyfan26 said:

I do.

I liked renaming the albums that had shit titles.

Here's an example:

Do You Feel Loved? – LP (Jul 1997)
1. Mofo
2. Gone
3. Last Night on Earth
4. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
5. Holy Joe
6. Staring at the Sun
7. Do You Feel Loved?
8. Discotheque
9. If You Wear That Velvet Dress
10. Please
11. Wake Up Dead Man

Note: Mofo is played like the version at the MTV Video Awards in 1997. Gone is played like the Elevation Tour version. Last Night on Earth is similar to the album version, but with better vocals from Bono and an introduction like the one on PopMart. HMTMKMKM, Holy Joe, SATS, and Do You Feel Loved? are all markedly similar to the album versions, though DYFL is cleaned up a little bit and recorded with better vocals. Discotheque is similar to the Vertigo Tour version, though the outro includes the "Boom Cha's." IYWTVD is similar to the live version in execution, but has the full song played, with all of its lyrics. Please is played like the PopMart version. WUDM is the album version.

... motherfucker. Where can I buy this awesome version of Pop? I totally have a new top five album right there.

Seriously, Achtung Baby and Pop could be top five contenders for me with good tracklists and mixing. That's what I realised in doing my alternate history - as lowly as I rate Achtung and Pop now, they can improve dramatically, while there is precious little that can be done to improve ATYCLB and HTDAAB.

I completely agree. My dislike for Achtung Baby and Pop derives out of my feeling that they could have been so great, and were just rushed and mixed poorly.

major_panic said:
Well, the Fly is really one of the only songs that's just gotten better and better... Desire has got so much potential, but it's just wasted.

The Fly was absolutely scorching on Vertigo. I heard it at nine out of ten of the gigs I saw, and I would love to hear it again, it's just that good. I eagerly looked forward to it every night. Also, UTEOTW --> The Fly was absolutely scorching at Sydney III.

Bullet is another song that's totally wasted nowadays ...

phillyfan26 said:
I completely agree. My dislike for Achtung Baby and Pop derives out of my feeling that they could have been so great, and were just rushed and mixed poorly.

Yeah. Looking at your alternate Pop, there isn't a track I would skip. Same goes for mine, though I think yours is better besides lacking NASOTR. Looking at my alternate HTDAAB, though ... I'd still skip about half of it, despite the fact I've cut almost all of the very shittiest songs!

major_panic said:
Bullet's just boring now. Apart from the solo, it has absolutely nothing going for it.

See, I think the Vertigo Tour's solo was dreadful. Edge just wasn't trying. Some people tried to argue it was a bluesy solo, but ... to me, it was just a lazy solo. At least add some distortion so that it sounds like you're trying, Edge! The segue from SBS into Bullet was good, and the verses/chorus held up, but the solo lacked oomph and then the Johnny Comes Marching/THTBA part was just weak.

I wasn't sure if NASOTR would fit between Velvet Dress and Please, but now I'm pretty sure it would be fine. I'd add it now.

phillyfan26 said:
I wasn't sure if NASOTR would fit between Velvet Dress and Please, but now I'm pretty sure it would be fine. I'd add it now.

Yeah, I think it'd fit fairly well there.

Ugh, I need to go out soon. I still don't even feel fully awake yet, but the grocery shopping has to be done, and tomorrow looks like being too warm ...

Hay guys what up. I got somes Justice, somes SebastiAn, some Busy P, let's do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom