Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotameteaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenakitanata Su

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phillyfan26 said:
Axver, do you have the link to your alternate U2 history? I'm trying to finish mine and want to compare.

Sure do: http://axverrevisesu2.livejournal.com/

I think it needs an update to account for some recent activity. I made it in 2006, so I need to go back and perhaps add some JT remaster tracks to JT era singles and so forth.

Axver said:

Just a few lines. To tell you the truth, I forget which. He snippeted Heartland over the start of Streets on both the 13th and 16th of October 1989, but I don't listen to either show much as the boots are of unimpressive quality.

Dude, by looks of it almost all of the Lovetown shows on U2start are pretty unimpressive in terms of recording quality.

Axver said:

Sure do: http://axverrevisesu2.livejournal.com/

I think it needs an update to account for some recent activity. I made it in 2006, so I need to go back and perhaps add some JT remaster tracks to JT era singles and so forth.

I want to go back and revise mine.

Aside from altering the album lists and such, I'm having them release more live tracks, and changing the setlists to their live releases.

the tourist said:

I don't see the connection. But yeah, should've just played Acrobat AND Love Is Blindness to end the show.

There are one or two lines in SAMTM that reappear in LIB. I'm having a memory failure right now and can't recall them, though. :angry:

Acrobat/LIB would have been the perfect ZooTV conclusion.

major_panic said:

Dude, by looks of it almost all of the Lovetown shows on U2start are pretty unimpressive in terms of recording quality.

By that I mean the Aussie shows. Are there any good ones that aren't just static? I'm not too fussed about setlist - they're mostly awesome anyway.

major_panic said:

Yeah, Lovetown rather suffered in the bootleg department. We've got full soundboard of the Dublin shows and partial soundboard of the 27/09 and 18/11 Sydney gigs. Some others have good audience too. Oh, and the first Adelaide gig is soundboard, but the worst soundboard I've heard in my life.

My favourite audience boots from Lovetown are 08/10 and 09/10 Melbourne, 20/10 Sydney, 01/12 Osaka, 18/12 Amsterdam, and 10/01 Rotterdam.

And yes, I did just quote myself. I have now reached the pinnacle of Interference nerdiness. It's all downhill from here...

major_panic said:
And yes, I did just quote myself. I have now reached the pinnacle of Interference nerdiness. It's all downhill from here...

No, you haven't been to a setlist party yet. :wink:

Also, I should say, 27/09 Sydney isn't technically soundboard, just professional. It's broadcast, from Channel 10. Their news crew filmed a few songs, including the best Desire ever.

phillyfan26 said:

I want to go back and revise mine.

Aside from altering the album lists and such, I'm having them release more live tracks, and changing the setlists to their live releases.

I mainly want to change my JT/RAH singles and my re-releases of those albums. I had great fun doing all those live releases you see there in my alternate history. I just about came up with an alternate touring schedule too, but that'd be going too far when I already have my crazy fantasy database as it is!

My only problem going through is my faulty knowledge of U2's B-side history. I know some, but not enough to make the full history look good.

I do like a couple of my album re-writes, though.

Axver said:

No, you haven't been to a setlist party yet. :wink:

Also, I should say, 27/09 Sydney isn't technically soundboard, just professional. It's broadcast, from Channel 10. Their news crew filmed a few songs, including the best Desire ever.

The U2start site has it at ONE star... :(

phillyfan26 said:
My only problem going through is my faulty knowledge of U2's B-side history. I know some, but not enough to make the full history look good.

I do like a couple of my album re-writes, though.

See, I'm quite fascinated by U2 b-sides and unreleased stuff. Lots of very good ideas there, and I question some of their decisions.

And I'm often tempted to create a fake pre-Boy album, as there truly is enough material for two albums plus b-sides in the 1976-80 period.

Axver said:
See, I'm quite fascinated by U2 b-sides and unreleased stuff. Lots of very good ideas there, and I question some of their decisions.

And I'm often tempted to create a fake pre-Boy album, as there truly is enough material for two albums plus b-sides in the 1976-80 period.

I think I would be too, but my computer's a pain on downloading stuff. The stuff you sent me wouldn't download, all because my computer is utter shit.

My U2 Album History:

Boy
October
War
The Unforgettable Fire
The Joshua Tree
Heartland (RAH)
Achtung Baby
Zooropa
Original Soundtracks No.1
Do You Feel Loved? (Pop)
All That You Can't Leave Behind
Crumbs from Your Table (HutDub)

phillyfan26 said:

I think I would be too, but my computer's a pain on downloading stuff. The stuff you sent me wouldn't download, all because my computer is utter shit.

My U2 Album History:

Boy
October
War
The Unforgettable Fire
The Joshua Tree
Heartland (RAH)
Achtung Baby
Zooropa
Original Soundtracks No.1
Do You Feel Loved? (Pop)
All That You Can't Leave Behind
Crumbs from Your Table (HutDub)

You desperately need a new computer.

Nice to see Passengers there. I prefer to stick with calling the album Passengers myself. And renaming HTDAAB is a bitch, as I don't think anything really stands out as a good title but ... well, HTDAAB is a shocker.

major_panic said:

Is there a full audio recording of this anywhere?

Not sure, sorry. I didn't get around to trying to acquire an audio boot of that show before I stopped trading.

Damn, that's a rocking Desire. Compared to what Desire is these days (Union Chapel)... Damn. The band really need more powerjuice for this song.

Axver said:

You desperately need a new computer.

Nice to see Passengers there. I prefer to stick with calling the album Passengers myself. And renaming HTDAAB is a bitch, as I don't think anything really stands out as a good title but ... well, HTDAAB is a shocker.

I do.

I liked renaming the albums that had shit titles.

Here's an example:

Do You Feel Loved? – LP (Jul 1997)
1. Mofo
2. Gone
3. Last Night on Earth
4. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
5. Holy Joe
6. Staring at the Sun
7. Do You Feel Loved?
8. Discotheque
9. If You Wear That Velvet Dress
10. Please
11. Wake Up Dead Man

Note: Mofo is played like the version at the MTV Video Awards in 1997. Gone is played like the Elevation Tour version. Last Night on Earth is similar to the album version, but with better vocals from Bono and an introduction like the one on PopMart. HMTMKMKM, Holy Joe, SATS, and Do You Feel Loved? are all markedly similar to the album versions, though DYFL is cleaned up a little bit and recorded with better vocals. Discotheque is similar to the Vertigo Tour version, though the outro includes the "Boom Cha's." IYWTVD is similar to the live version in execution, but has the full song played, with all of its lyrics. Please is played like the PopMart version. WUDM is the album version.

major_panic said:
Damn, that's a rocking Desire. Compared to what Desire is these days (Union Chapel)... Damn. The band really need more powerjuice for this song.

Yeah. The Electric Co. and The Fly absolutely slayed on Vertigo, so I don't see why Desire needs to be so badly neutered. It should still rock everybody's faces off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom