Talking Heads: Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danospano

Refugee
Since few people talk about this band, I wanted to see who?s a fan.

If you want to, post your favorite pictures, lyrics, thoughts, etc?..

Sparkysgrrrl said:
love them love them love them

and I shook Jerry Harrisons hand at one of the Elevation shows
*dies
:love:

No way!!! That's awesome!!!!!!!!!!! I love the Heads!!!!

backstg.jpg

bigband.jpg

There are few things on earth I love more than Talking Heads.

More Songs About Buildings and Food is their best, I think. It is an absolutely genius album.

LOVE this band!
Brilliant beyond words.:drool: :wave: :yes: :heart: :D :up: :macdevil:
I have so many favourite songs....so hard to choose...
This must be the place....so wonderful...just feels like home...it really does...
Once in a Lifetime....I mean that IS me wrapped up into one freakin song! I swear to god.
This is definitely one of my favourite top 5 bands! The music world would have been SO different without them. They've influenced many many artists....too many to count.
My only regret.
NEVER seeing them live:censored:
Love Autumn

The name of this post is the "Talking Heads = excellent" post.

(I think I've used that joke before)

By the way, This Must Be The Place is their best song. With Life During Wartime, Heaven, and Once in a Lifetime coming in a three-way tie for second.

even Bono likes them...."This ain't no party....this ain't no disco....this ain't no fooling around!!!!" ----Bono @ Popmart in Mexico

Such a great great band! i respect everything they've brought to the music world. I learned about them from my dad, who absolutely loves them.. he used to force my sister and I to listen to them when we were like, 10.

i agree

absolutely brilliant band

A long overdue thread

they tested the boundaries of what musical creativity was by mixing it up with a whole lot of genres, from funk, jazz, soul, blues, gospel and to this so-called 'new wave' movement

the end result was quite astounding

another amazing thing was how it all came to life on the 'Citizen Kane of rock and roll movies' 'Stop Making Sense' where it showcased just exactly what talking heads was about, everyone got to sing, everyone played at least 2 instruments and of course, we got to see mr david byrne turn it on with a performance that almost misled you to thinking he was an actor. and his uncanny ability to change his appearance, by putting on glasses, the combing his hair back, and of course... who can forget that 'wide' suit

mr david byrne sure made a heap of money from being... mr david byrne

now there was a case of a guy who used crack for the purposes of good, rather than evil

oh wait... we dont know that... he said he'll tell us later :wave:

I always liked a song called "The Big Country"

I also liked Jerry Harrison's-sp. solo work..a song called "People Like Us"

DB9
:cool:

Back
Top Bottom