Talk about a messed up band breakup...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bunbury

Refugee
GLASSJAW guitarist Todd Weinstock has issued a statement confirming reports that he is no longer in the group. His statement reads as follows:

"Over a year ago in August [2003], GLASSJAW played our last show after years of touring and we decided to take a hiatus. We were all fried and needed time to do our own things. It got to the point where we were on top of each other way too much and it was starting to take its toll. Everyone decided to take some time off and do what they wanted to do for awhile.

"Fast-forward to a few weeks ago…. People start asking me about this GLASSJAW show in December that I know nothing about. So I look on the computer and find that there is a confirmed show. After thinking this was a mistake, I called Beck [Justin Beck, lead guitar] and just wanted to clarify. I found out Beck's vision of GLASSJAW these days is vastly different than mine. As far as I know, Beck plans to play the show with only himself on guitar, Daryl [Palumbo, vocals] and two hired musicians on drums on bass. After seeing Beck's vision of GLASSJAW, I realized I was not part of it anymore.

"I didn't quit the band. I'm just not in it anymore. I'm not really sure what the future of GLASSJAW will be, if any.

"For almost 10 years of my life, I've had some of the most amazing times with GLASSJAW. I've met great people, bands, friends, and made great music that will always be a part of me. I didn't expect it to end like this but I have to move on.

"Thanks to all of you guys for everything, your support has always meant so much.

"A side band I put together while we were on break has now become my main project. It was called EASY TIGER, but we had some legal issues, and are still between names. Expect music soon.

"Thanks again, hope to see you all soon. Oh, and don't worry if you are going to that show in December it will sound great. Beck has a box of green line 6 pedals with the loop feature so you won't even miss me!"

Don't care at all about this band, just interesting post :wink:

Back
Top Bottom