Symphonic Album Mini-Game: Round 5, Heat 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote!

• phillyfan26

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • CuteIrishBono

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

phanan

Blue Crack Addict
Please vote for the tracklisting you LIKE THE MOST.

Welcome to the third heat of the fifth round of the Symphonic Album Mini-Game. The object of this game is to see which forum member can create the best concept album no longer than 80 minutes.

In Round 5's first heat, Axver held on to beat corianderstem, 6-4. An update on the standings will be posted after the completion of each round.

This heat features phillyfan26 and CuteIrishBono. Below are their playlists.

If you don't know the songs, or wish to hear how each tracklisting flows, leave your e-mail address and we'll help you out. :)

Forum Name: phillyfan26

pic

Getting There

So, I entered my first Interference B&C competition. Originally, I was really excited, thinking to myself, "Hey! Now you can show these people some of your musical tastes!" Well, that excitement became worry for a while when I realized my musical tastes are somewhat limited. I started off with not even half of enough material, and I was just trying to find enough to fill 60 minutes. Then, I found a great transition in the middle, one with a lot of restrained hope that sort of came out of an almost nothingness. It's a feeling in those middle tracks. So, I built around it. I tried to frame the fall into nothingness before those tracks, then after them gradually gain the hope into something great at the very end. It's a full emotional journey, my tracklist. The beginning is a realization that the world is tougher than you ever thought, and that feeling makes you sink. It's a terrible realization. Then, hope climbs back into the picture and you cease it and try to make the best of it. It happens to everyone by their teenage years, but how many of us make it all the way back up? This is almost a lifetime in just over an hour. As I write this, I feel I'm making it sound too serious, cause I never felt that way about it, but analyzing it, that's sort of what it is. I can hear the meaning much better than I can speak it, if that makes sense.

1. Sting - "A Thousand Years" - Brand New Day (5:58)
2. The Police - "Invisible Sun" - Every Breath You Take: The Singles (3:44)
3. Gary Jules with Michael Andrews - "Mad World" - Trading Snakeoil for Wolftickets (3:09)
4. Coldplay - "Clocks" - A Rush of Blood to the Head (5:07)
5. Passengers - "Miss Sarajevo (Radio Edit)" - The Best of 1990-2000 (4:32)
6. Explosions in the Sky - "Your Hand in Mine (With Strings)" - Friday Night Lights (4:08)
7. Daniel Lanois - "Sonhu Dourado" - Friday Night Lights (3:25)
8. U2 - "Heartland" - Rattle and Hum (5:03)
9. Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Stadium Arcadium" - Stadium Arcadium (5:14)
10. Dave Matthews Band - "Grey Street" - Busted Stuff (5:06)
11. Franz Ferdinand - "Walk Away" - You Could Have It So Much Better (3:36)
12. The Beatles - "Yesterday" - 1 (2:05)
13. James Taylor - "Fire and Rain" - Greatest Hits (3:26)
14. Bruce Springsteen - "4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)" - The Essential Bruce Springsteen (Disc 1) (5:37)
15. Led Zeppelin - "Down by the Seaside" - Physical Graffiti (5:16)
16. Chicago - "Beginnings" - Greatest Hits Vol. 1 (7:50)

Total Runtime: 73:16

Forum Name: CuteIrishBono

pic

The Easy and the Fun Life of Road Trips

It's a perfect C.D. to listen to on a road trip. Imagine cruising in the car with the window open to the sky, feeling the wind blowing on your face, looking at the gorgeous trees, with nothing better to do but listen to this C.D. with its ambient acoustic and chilling vibe. This C.D. captures the simpleness and the little things in life that makes life have its meaning and excitement. It mixes a good selection of classic oldies and today's wonderful indie and alternative tunes. This C.D. is the C.D. to listen to when you are driving and you want to pump up your stereo.

1. Cake-"Satan is My Motor" -Prolonging the Magic (3:12)
2. The Stills- "Lola Stars and Stripes" -Logic Will Make Your Heart (3: 50)
3. The Shins-"Mine's Not A High Horse" -Chutes Too Narrow (3:20)
4. Phantom Planet- "Hey Now Girl" -The Guest (2:44)
5. All Star United- "Let It Rain (I'm Gonna Shine)" -Revolution (3:17)
6. Artichoke- "Atoms Divide" -Evaporation (5:12)
7. Led Zeppelin- "Whole Lotta Love" -Led Zeppelin Remasters (5:34)
8. David Bowie- "Starman" -Best Of Bowie [UK] (4:13)
9. Boston- "More Than A Feeling" -Boston: Greatest Hits (4:44)
10. The Vines- "Autumn Shade II" -Winning Days (3:14 )
11. John Mellencamp- "Ain't None With the Night" -Greatest Hits (4:38)
12. The Beatles- "Here Comes the Sun" -1967-1970 (3:07)
13. Guster- "Scars & Stitches" -Parachute (3:10)
14. U2- "Windows in the Skies" -U218 Singles (3:58)
15. Jeff Buckley- "I Know We Could Be So Happy (If We Wanted To Be)" - Sketches For My Sweetheart the Drunk (4:27)
16. Crowded House- "Something So Strong" -Crowded House (2:51)
17. Queen- "Now I'm Here" -Greatest Hits (4:14)
18. The Kinks- "The Village Green Preservation Society" -The Kink Kronikles (2:49)
19. Dave Matthews Band- "American Baby- Stand Up (4:35)
20. Dispatch- "Bang Bang"- Bang Bang (4:30)

Total Run Time: 77:39

UP NEXT: Lancemc vs. Lemonchick

Competition master list.

Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom