Sydney Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a good one, Serena! :wave:

I wonder what the "Sorry, Axver" count is of Ashley's latest 2009 albums entry ...

I'd do another blog post, but I'm just too fuckin' lazy.

Actually, I just got an idea for one two a few (damn overactively creative brain), but, again, too fuckin' lazy

Stupid tonsils. Swelling and causing me pain. Can't talk, can't swallow. Wanna die.

Probably the second sign of impending strep throat. First sign was this morning. Painful, wet ear, cured by blowing one's nose, a q-tip and advil. This is not being touched by advil. Went to the doc to be proactive and preventive. Doc said it wasn't strep yet, but she'd grow a throat culture. So I either have the nasty brand of strep that caused my mother an abscess and her 60+ bleeding ulcers or a tonsillitis virus that can't be treated.

Jesus Christ, what does it take to get a tonsillectomy, ffs?!

Huh, when I was little they could hardly have been more eager to remove my tonsils.

I get strep or an ear infection or a sinus infection several times every year. You'd think they'd want to take the bastards out by now.

They don't like to give tonsillectomies anymore as far as I understand.

Oh, do you know why?

Like I said, when I was six, they couldn't get me into the operating theatre quickly enough! Almost everybody I knew didn't have their tonsils by age ten.

Oh, do you know why?

Like I said, when I was six, they couldn't get me into the operating theatre quickly enough! Almost everybody I knew didn't have their tonsils by age ten.

Probably because back in the day it was almost like some required surgery, and they began to weigh risk/reward more between doing such an invasive surgery and not. But that's just what I *think*. I don't KNOW. But I know my sister used to get REALLY bad sore throats, and they kept deciding to "monitor" them instead of just taking them right out. Never did end up doing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom