Swervedriver Reunites!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dudeman

Refugee
not sure if anybody on here cares.
but you should

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/search/google/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003660858

one of the best bands of the british '90's
they touched on the classic shoegaze of Ride and MBV, and set the whole thing on fire with gasoline and liberal doses of bonejaring distortion and frantic, end-of the world rhythms. saw them opening for the Smashing Pumpkins on the 'Siamese Dream' tour, and i remember thinking that they were the only band in the world that could have possibly opened for the pumpkins at that point. the noise and feedback was literally dripping from the rafters...
check out the album 'mezcal head' if you're even remotely curious. a more exhaustive exploration can be found on the compilaiton 'juggernaut rides'.
this is great news, one of the best guitar bands i've ever heard....:drool:

Tis the season for reunions. I liked Swervedriver till I saw them live, I walked out of their gig half way, they were having an off night or I was. Ride worked better live to me. Now if they would reform :drool:

FitzChivalry said:
I imagine shoegaze is kind of tricky live: sounds great on record, but watching watching a bunch of artists standing still and fiddling with effects peddles for 2 hours. :|

At least that what is was like for me at the Autolux show. :shrug:

swervedriver really weren't your typical shoegaze band. their sound was WAY more aggressive. more like dinosaur Jr than lush. they got lumped in with that movement for lack of better characterization, but it was always a bit of the round peg in a square hole.

live they were anything but boring...

Back
Top Bottom