Survivor - Palau

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fah

Blue Crack Addict
It debuts on February 17th on CBS....

I think I'm still addicted so I'm going to watch it

The following is from CNN

NEW YORK (AP) -- The island is about to get a little more crowded.

The 10th edition of CBS' "Survivor," set in the Pacific island nation of Palau, includes 20 castaways who will try to outwit, outplay and outlast each other to win the $1 million prize.

The most recent "Vanuatu" and "All-Stars" seasons included 18 contestants while all other previous editions of the reality show stranded 16 individuals in an exotic locale.

The "Palau" cast, announced Thursday, just might be the most diverse "Survivor" tribe yet. The oldest contestant is 57; the youngest is 21. The cast includes a bartender from New Orleans, a firefighter from New York, a dolphin trainer from Florida and a Las Vegas showgirl.

Potential voting blocs might include the "lawyer alliance" (three contestants are lawyers), the "California alliance" (four hail from the Golden State), or maybe even the "my-first-name-has-double-letters alliance" (Ashlee, Gregg, Bobby, Jennifer, Williard and Jeff).

The 20 new castaways are: Coby Archa, 32, a hairstylist from Athens, Texas; Ashlee Ashby, 22, a student from Easley, S.C.; Gregg Carey, 28, a business consultant from Chicago; Bobby Jon Drinkard, 27, a waiter from Santa Monica, Calif.; Katie Gallagher, 29, an advertising executive from Merced, Calif.; Caryn Groedel, 46, a civil rights attorney from Solon, Ohio; and Angie Jakusz, 24, a bartender from New Orleans.

Also: Jolanda Jones, 39, a lawyer from Houston; Stephenie LaGrossa, 25, a pharmaceutical sales representative from Philadelphia; Jonathan Libby, 23, a sales and marketing executive from Dallas; Jennifer Lyon, 32, a nanny from Encino, Calif.; James Miller, 33, a steel worker from Mobile, Ala.; Kimberly Mullen, 25, a graduate student from Huber Heights, Ohio; and Ibrehem Rahman, 27, a waiter from Birmingham, Ala.

And: Ian Rosenberger, 23, a dolphin trainer from Key Largo, Fla.; Wanda Shirk, 55, an English teacher from Ulysses, Pa.; Williard Smith, 57, a lawyer from Bellevue, Wash.; Janu Tornell, 39, a showgirl from Las Vegas; Tom Westman, 41, a New York City firefighter from Sayville, N.Y.; and Jeff Wilson, 21, a personal trainer from Ventura, Calif.

During the live "Vanuatu" finale, host Jeff Probst promised that in Palau, "the game will be changed in a dramatic way. Everything the survivors have come to expect will be wiped out in the first 10 minutes."

One hint: The press statement says three castaways are sent home in the first episode.

stammer476 said:
I just hope there's not a "we're old and boring and will make for a crappy season" alliance.

last season was sooooooooooooo boring...LOL, I even forgot who actually won...:ohmy:

OMG I got chills when I read this thread title :hyper: I didnt think it was coming up already!

Could've done without the "hint".

Oh and the next season of "Amazing Race" starting up March 1 will feature Boston Rob and Ambah as one of the teams.

Yeah, last season was pretty bad. This one looks somewhat more interesting, and I'd better pay attention because this is the first time that I'm in a Survivor Pick'em league.

Hewson said:
Could've done without the "hint".

Oh and the next season of "Amazing Race" starting up March 1 will feature Boston Rob and Ambah as one of the teams.

I just got hooked on Amazing Race this season. GREAT show -- IMHO the best of the "reality" shows. The guy from Georgia who got shot down and then rescued in Iraq a while back (Ron Young, I think) is also part of the new Amazing Race cast.

(Sorry, I know this was intended to be a Survivor thread)

It's getting closer :hyper:

And I just found out that Rupert is in town this weekend. He is apparently making an appearance that the 'Travel show'. The mini fahs would love to go but I have to work :(

Back
Top Bottom