Survivor - Palau

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hewson said:
Imagine if Caryn somehow wins the whole banana.

she would have to win some indivual challenges

she seems feeble minded

option 1

Tom says " I can't promise anything but I will try and keep you a bit longer
before I slit you throat.

option 2

Girls say men are going to slit our throats.
Lets throw 3 men off and leave 4 women , and better odds for us.

Did I miss something here?

why did they have to get rid of Stephanie?!?!
I was so hoping she would make it to the end...mean people...

Wow! Ian and Tom are bloody geniuses. So perceptive of the game and its inner workings. I was unsure when Ian went to Katie before the vote but man, he played her perfectly. They knew she would break, look at the look on her face when Ian mentioned the rocks. Brilliant gameplay! Talk about flipping the game! Best Survivor series ever hands down so far! The original reality series has been reborn this season.

trevster2k said:
Wow! Ian and Tom are bloody geniuses. So perceptive of the game and its inner workings. I was unsure when Ian went to Katie before the vote but man, he played her perfectly. They knew she would break, look at the look on her face when Ian mentioned the rocks. Brilliant gameplay! Talk about flipping the game! Best Survivor series ever hands down so far! The original reality series has been reborn this season.

Last night was the first time I ever watched Survivor. Man, have they all been that diabolically evil? Because that was sweet. Those two - Ian and Tom - played everyone else perfectly.

Anything else I should know as I tune in for the rest?

No YellowKite, lately some of the Survivors have been crappy because of the lack of intelligent gameplay where the competitors seem content to finish 3rd or 4th even when they have an opportunity to shake up the game. The beauty of last night's episode was Ian's perceptive reasoning that if Katie would sell them out for a trip on a boat then she would certainly sell them out for the million. We haven't seen that kind of well thought out strategy recently. Most people have just rolled over and died and not taken risks like Ian and Tom were prepared to take with choosing the rocks which would have randomly eliminated a person from the tribe.

Quick summary: Original 5 alliance was Tom, Ian, Katie, Gregg, and Jen. Tom has dominated the game both physically and mentally, while Ian has also been strong. Gregg and Jen had originally planned to dump Tom and Ian earlier by forming another allliance but that fell apart early. Since then they have been trying to get rid of Tom and Ian which is the right move. They thought they had it figured out last night by getting Katie to join them so after they eliminated Caryn, it would be 3 of them vs Tom and Ian in the voting. But Ian's awareness and Tom's plan not to confront Gregg and Jen was genius resulting in the shift in power last night.

Of course, the previews for next week suggest the girls will get together and Ian and Katie will have it out but the previews are generally misleading and deceptive as to the actual outcome of the episode. But as I said I have watched every Survivor series so far, and this particular run has had some of my favorite moments ever. This is how the game is supposed to be played. It would seem the smart move for the girls next week would be to eliminate either Tom or Ian since they both can't win immunity but maybe not since generally you want to face someone in the finals who is disliked. Although, this may backfire because sometimes the jury rewards the best players and right now that is Tom and Ian. Oooh, this should be a good last couple of episodes. Also, this tribe had been united since the beginning as they did not lose any members during the team challenges so they are very familiar with one another and their behaviours.
Keep watching the rest, it should be great unless the producers meddle and throw in a wrench.

i would not go that far

i have wanted Tom off for weeks now

could caryn have ignorantly positioned herself any better?

katey, whining to ian :huh:
when she was plotting to slit his throat

i don’t care who goes next

if tom rides this out
and wins challenges and game it might be boring

My naive opinion - since this is only my second episode - is that Ian was out until Caryn shot her mouth off at tribal meeting. Her best bet seemed to be not to piss anyone off. Except maybe she knew she could not win [that was the most pathetic attempt at not trying in both challenges I have ever seen] so she wanted to go out with a bang and get on the jury after stirring up a mess with those still left.

So maybe I am crap at the strategy behind the game but this is kind of fun [in a sick mind twisted back stabbing way]. I can see why people get hooked and that Jeff host is kind of cute, although his commentary during challenges is kind of lame.

Is it over next week?

Ok, so much for my theory on gameplay being better. Huge mistake by Ian to take Tom with him on the BBQ. Previously, they discussed that they shouldn't take each other but they end up leaving the women to scheme together. The women make the smart move and decide that a female alliance would be the best strategy. Here's the wrench, the relationship between Katie and Tom. If Tom and Ian were thinking clearly, they should have figured out that if Tom won immunity, there was a chance that Katie would not vote for Ian, small chance but whatever. If Ian had won the immunity, I'm pretty sure Tom would have made his farewell speech tonight. At least Tom and Ian realized at the immunity challenge that the game is now "self-preservation" as opposed to "domination".

But in the end, as per usual, the ladies simply can't pull the trigger to take over the game. Not so bad as last season's ridiculous meltdown where 1 guy survived after he was outnumbered 6 to 1. I doubt Katie will win even if she makes it to the final two. She hasn't dominated any challenges and hasn't controlled the game in any sense. But who knows how the jury will vote? I can't see Jenn getting it either unless she went against Katie. An excellent final two would be Tom and Ian because their arguments for winning would be nearly identical, and they will have pissed off everyone equally except Ian would probably get Katie's vote but I doubt either Tom or Ian would pick the other to go the finals.

An excellent episode.:wink: Isn't it remarkable how close people get to one another when you spend 36 days together 24/7 after meeting for the first time?:p

I have a question about the jury....

When they are not at tribal councils are they together or apart?

I was glad to see Caryn go too :yes: but it's interesting that they got rid of the weakest physical player instead of the strongest.

And...

Does anyone else think that Ian is going to vote against Tom if the opportunity presents itself

My mom and I were so excited that Ian didn't get voted off--we were seriously screaming :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom