Survivor Micronesia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ozzy has to be in the driver's seat now. While I agree with Cirie that Yau was the best bet to find immunity if he were sent to EI I think that's a silly reason to vote him off. No guarantee he'd ever be sent to EI at all. Cirie (and Joel on the newbie side) are playing the game bass-achwards; pre-merge you vote off the weaklings, post-merge is when you start trying to pick off the strong players.

Poor Yau, he must have a "screw me" tattoo that I've never seen. Though this screwing is nothing compared to the one Dreamz pulled on him.

sindaddy said:
why did Eliza vote for Yau? The 8 of them should have voted out Cirie.

I was hoping that's what would have happened. :( Cirie was actually in a good position with two alliances of four both vying her for. However, instead of just choosing a side, she seemed like she was suddenly sitting pretty with her power of being a swing vote, and she waffled too much along the way towards making a vote and became very annoying.

I was yelling at the TV when Yau got voted out. :mad: I was so disappointed, I adore him. Yau and James were the two favorites I had been the most excited about. Right off the bat, James hooked up with Parvati, one of the favorites I was least excited about...so that kind of ruined it for me. Now Yau is gone! :sad:

Bonochick said:

I was hoping that's what would have happened. :( Cirie was actually in a good position with two alliances of four both vying her for. However, instead of just choosing a side, she seemed like she was suddenly sitting pretty with her power of being a swing vote, and she waffled too much along the way towards making a vote and became very annoying.

I think she really screwed herself. What's to stop everybody from voting her off next council? The Ozzy group doesn't need her vote anymore and her vote doesn't help the Jonathan group either way. She should have just picked a side and voted Eliza or Parvati.

Also the first (reward) challenge was awesome; the basketball one was kind of lame.

CTU2fan said:

Also the first (reward) challenge was awesome; the basketball one was kind of lame.
I enjoyed it when Erik dumped Amanda on her ass, and Probst made the commentary, suddenly James got this look on his face, got up and took over the challenge.
Don't piss off a sleeping giant.

I'm pissed they got rid of YM, but usually the better players get voted off earlier when they have one of these all-star type shows.
All I know is that right now, the Fans are kicking the Favorites' asses.

Fans showed a lot of grit winning that immunity challenge after a sleepless night in the rain.

ultravioletluvv said:
Eliza probably voted for Yau to save herself. She knew that they were split between Yau and her. Not a bad play on her part. And Ami voted for Cirie! That whole alliance is on different pages.

I was wondering who it was that voted for Cirie!!

Bonochick said:

I was yelling at the TV when Yau got voted out. :mad: I was so disappointed, I adore him. Yau and James were the two favorites I had been the most excited about. Right off the bat, James hooked up with Parvati, one of the favorites I was least excited about...so that kind of ruined it for me. Now Yau is gone! :sad:

I'm with ya.....ergggggg!!! Cirie was in such a good position, all she had to do was stick with the older group and she would have been fine. Instead she alienated herself amongst the older ones and made herself seem a wee bit dodgy amongst the younger ones due to her big scene. Her odds were better with Jonathon as James/Parvati and Amanda/Ozzy are pairs. Really dumb on her part.

sindaddy said:
why did Eliza vote for Yau? The 8 of them should have voted out Cirie.

To what purpose? Then they'd have had a four-four split.

What they should have done--what both sides did a lame-ass job of doing (the couples were marginally better at it which is why Cirie went with them)--was to make Cirie feel safe with them. Both sides DID need Cirie--it was only pride that would have made them feel otherwise. So let her be the queen bee for a week or so--that's smart. The queen bee is only the queen bee because she's going to expendable at some point in the near future. What a swing vote says is--you're not REALLY part of our alliance but what we're using you. Jonathan totally screwed up at wooing her back.

Cirie in her own right is dumb as dirt. She should have realized what being the queen bee means and used the brief opportunity at power wisely and more quietly. She should have used the opportunity to suss out which group--logically--would be more likely to keep her around. She had to know as soon as the team she picks has a 5-3 advantage she's of no use anymore, so she needed to think about which alliance she would have been more likely to break up. And it's NOT the couples. She should have stuck with the older ones--where the connections aren't as tight.

And much as I like Yau Man, he was a fool too. He should have gotten Cirie, alone sweet-talked her, convinced her that he was free agent. He just sat there and let them vote him off, as far as I can tell.

And finally WHAT was Ami thinking? Voting Cirie? Jeez you gotta be kidding me! If she'd voted with the rest of her tribe there would have been a Yau Man-Pavarti tie and then they would have had some kind of shot at keeping Yau Man!

The Fans totally FAILED at the social aspect of this game this week.

(And if the previews are any indication the fans are going to fail at it next week!)

And another thing.

Cirie should have stuck with the older group (and the older group should have done a better job of keeping her--say, like having Jonathan shut the hell up) because further down the road she would have a better shot at individual immunity after the merge if she were surrounded by people who weren't all young and physically fit. She couldn't do anything about who comes in from the Fans but she would at least have had marginally better odds among her own team.

maycocksean said:

And finally WHAT was Ami thinking? Voting Cirie? Jeez you gotta be kidding me! If she'd voted with the rest of her tribe there would have been a Yau Man-Pavarti tie and then they would have had some kind of shot at keeping Yau Man!

No, Yau got 6 votes, the couples alliance, Cirie and Bugeyes.
Had Bugeyes and Ami both voted for Luciano Pavarti, Yau goes home 5-4.

why do you think the favorites keep sending Kathleen to exile island? what is their strategy there? do they want HER to find the idol so she will have immunity?

I think the fans just don't like Kathy. They probably think she's too dumb to find the idol anyway. And so far they're right. :wink:

Hewson said:
No, Yau got 6 votes, the couples alliance, Cirie and Bugeyes.
Had Bugeyes and Ami both voted for Luciano Pavarti, Yau goes home 5-4.

You're right. I forgot that the couples went with Cirie.

Daddysgonnapay said:
why do you think the favorites keep sending Kathleen to exile island? what is their strategy there? do they want HER to find the idol so she will have immunity?

Because they probably see her as the weakest player and they figure if she finds the idol her team will have to vote off a stronger player than her since she will be safe. They want to keep the fan's weakest player in the game.

Surprising episode tonight. At first I thought it was a major blunder by keeping weaker players, but obviously what happens next week makes that a moot point.

Kudos to Tracy for convincing Joel to vote off Mike instead, thereby saving her fragile alliance for another day.

And Ozzie is the man...

Ozzy must be half fish...any water challenge and he dominates.
Sorry to see Mikey B. and his Celtics hat gone.
The preview showed Joel clipped to Chet in some challenge, so hopefully even with the tribe switch up, keeping Chet will come back to bite Joel in the butt.

Wow, poor move by Joel and his survival of the weakest strategy, but looks like he'll get bailed out next week. Though it's a valid point that the "weaker players" didn't even get to participate in the last challenge which the fans lost horribly.

Looking good for Ozzy :up:

Back
Top Bottom