Survivor 15 : China

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RedrocksU2 said:
Ok, here's my question;
You are in the jury and Todd and Courtney are the last two.

Ugh. . .worse possible scenario. Obviously I'd have to vote for Todd to win. . .

But I wouldn't enjoy it.

maycocksean said:

No, no, no! I don't see it that way it all. It seemed to me that she DID make a real effort to get Todd out, but when she realized that Denise was not going to take the bait, and that she wouldn't be able to get rid of Todd on just her and Pei Gei's votes she went ahead and voted Pei Gei out rather than risk pissing off her alliance and moving herself automatically to the bottom of the group of four. Smart play, if you ask me. I don't think there would have been anything particularly "courageous" about casting a vote against Todd when she didn't have the numbers to get him out (and you KNOW Jeff would have read her vote in order to heighten tension).

I do get your point. I know Denise fucked it all up again. She's had two chances to basically guarantee herself a final 3 spot and she hasn't taken it. Stupid, stupid, stupid. As much as I wanted them to turn on Todd, I think Amanda is probably better off in the final 3 with him, rather than with PG. I'm still not sure she can win. I think PG kind of screwed herself at the end by saying how she should be respected for surviving that long and she played a hard game. She basically told them that she would be a big threat in the final 3.

Now, i just hope that Todd doesn't turn on Amanda next week. If Denise picks next week to turn on Amanda, I will hate her even more. Although, that is her only move. Unless the 3 girls go against Todd. I guess it all depends on who wins immunity. I would just hate to see a final with Todd, Courtney and Denise. If Denise gets even one sympathy vote, it will make me sick!

I just wonder what you all have thought of this season so far. After two exceptionally good seasons, I've found this one to be quite snooze-worthy. I'm still watching though. By the time I get far enough in to realize it's a boring season, I figure I may as well ride it out to the conclusion. :huh:

For me, this has been one of the most boring Survivors I can remember. It's viewership numbers hint that I might not be the only one as well.

Between Todd and Courtney that's easy. Absolutely Todd, I've never seen anyone less deserving than Courtney. Of course that would be my opinion but she hasn't done anything, she's weak in physical challenges, and though she won that single immunity balancing on the dragon barrel, she's been a waste of space. An irritant like no other.

maycocksean said:

To be frank I'm not really excited about anyone in the final four beyond Amanda. Courtney and Todd are just really, really unpleasant people--they should be on Big Brother or something.

so true!!

VintagePunk said:
I just wonder what you all have thought of this season so far. After two exceptionally good seasons, I've found this one to be quite snooze-worthy. I'm still watching though. By the time I get far enough in to realize it's a boring season, I figure I may as well ride it out to the conclusion. :huh:

Yeah, pretty boring. Reminds me of Thailand and Vanuatu, two other fairly dull seasons IMHO. I also disliked how they went back to the Whites and Token Minorities formula. Having a more diverse cast the last two seasons didn't hurt at all, I thought.

If the three women have any shred of intelligence at all they have to recognize that they must NOT take Todd to the final three. If they're playing the way they should, the only way he'll get there is if he wins final immunity.

Sicy said:
Kind of boring but I enjoy it anyway. Survivor is my favorite show ever.

I still remember the first Survivor, when then were to announce the winner....it felt like the whole earth stood still :lol:

Then Richard won and got that horrible car; The Aztec by Pontiac.
250px-Pontiac-Aztek.jpg

:laugh:

...and now he's in jail.:|

ultravioletluvv said:

I do get your point. I know Denise fucked it all up again. She's had two chances to basically guarantee herself a final 3 spot and she hasn't taken it. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
But then again, she's now one step from the final 3, and if she gets there, she can say to various jury members..."they wanted me to turn on you but I said no and stuck with our alliance." It may be the most brilliant strategy of all.

Sicy said:
My picks in order

Amanda
Todd
Denise
Courtney

Amanda's my favorite -- I think she's a very skillful player. So of course I'm rooting for her to win, but the odds are that one of the others, whom I don't like very much, will win it.

While I like Denise marginally better than Todd, I definitely think Todd is more deserving of the win. I could live with him winning it, even though I don't like him.

If I were a juror, I couldn't vote Denise for the win, because she simply hasn't done enough in the game. Courtney really hasn't done enough either, and I wouldn't vote for her because she's the most obnoxious of the bunch.

Overall, the season has been pretty weak. I hope the contestants are better next time around.

VintagePunk said:
This season peaked when Jamie tried to play the fake idol at TC...its been very lackluster since, at the time of the game where it normally gets more interesting, this one has gone the other way.

Sicy said:
Kind of boring but I enjoy it anyway. Survivor is my favorite show ever.

Me too. It's boring this season but I'll take a boring Survivor over anything else. I hate having that feeling that it will be cancelled one day.

Here's my prediction for tonight,

Winner - Amanda

2nd - Todd
3rd - Courtney
4th - Denise

Last edited:
I hope Amanda can win immunity tonight. If Denise somehow gets lucky and wins it, then Amanda will probably get the boot. :|

I'm happy with the outcome. It was pretty obvious as soon as the jury started with their questions how it was gonna go. I think Amanda made a fatal mistake by taking Todd instead of Denise. She was basically a mini-Todd, so she never stood a chance. I think it's funny that Courtney got 2 votes. Freakin' hilarious! Sure, Todd still seems like a little weasel, but he did play the game from the beginning and was always thinking ahead. He deserved it.

About Denise... What else did she expect? She was so bitter at the last tribal, but seriously, the only person she had to blame was herself. She thought she could ride coattails to the finals and that the jury would have pity on her because she only makes $7/ hour and she has kids. Oh, Boo Fricken Hoo Denise! Boo Fricken Hoo! She was there for sympathy and had no strategy and she got what she deserved.. 4th place. Her "poor me" act just really irks me. But i guess it worked for her a little bit, since Mark Burnett took pity on her at the end.

I love James even more now. I'm so glad he got the $100,000.

Meh...that's how I think this finale went.

I agree that Amanda should have got rid of Todd instead (assuming that Courtney was ok with it, otherwise it would have been a tie between Todd and Denise, and who knows how that would have turned out). But even when she didn't, I still considered her the favorite to win the game. But she just didn't do well in front of the jury. She wasn't concise with her answers, she rambled, she repeated things - she was very nervous it seemed. And then Todd was very confident and straightfoward with his answers, and seemed to win over some of the jury members who hadn't made up their minds at the time. So that really did Amanda in more than anything else.

Courtney receiving two votes was ridiculous, though. Stupid votes.

Next season looks different. Hopefully it will be better than this one.

ultravioletluvv said:
Todd still seems like a little weasel, but he did play the game from the beginning and was always thinking ahead. He deserved it.

I have to agree. And his answers were pretty good at tribal.

OMG how cool is that, next season superfans vs. past favorites :hyper:

Gawd I've been watching since day 1 and I know there is no way I'd even last 3 days :reject:

And also Jeff asked Erik if he's still a virgin. Bad Jeff! But I guess Erik opened himself up for it for announcing to national TV a few shows back that he is a virgin.

I'm disappointed that Amanda didn't win. I thought she'd built the social capital during the game to win her favor on the jury. But her performance before the jury was weak and uncertain.

It was a mistake on both her and Courtney's part to vote off Denise -- I'm convinced that one of them would have won had they kept her and gotten rid of Todd. And it might have been Courtney -- she was more comfortable and confident before the journey than Amanda.

I'll look forward to the next season -- superfans vs. past favorites, that'll be fun to speculate about!

Last edited:
I found out who the returning favourites are for Survivor Micronesia!

I won't spoil it for anyone, but some of the "favourites" for Survivor Micronesia aren't really favourites. Some of them are disliked by fans, but most are well liked. Personally I'm chuffed that there is a few on there that I really like...I'm excited!

For all cast spoiler news and pics for Micronesia go here - http://www.survivorfever.net/s16_cast.html#previousplayers

Back
Top Bottom