Survivor 14 - Fiji

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think Australia is always behind. At least thats what my cousins tell me.

cinnaminson said:
Does anyone know if they're showing it in Australia? It's my favorite show ever and it's really hard to not look on the net.:confused:

I heard it's huge there. It will surely start airing within the next month or so. Now, if you want to watch before that, try YouTube or even download the episode with a BitTorrent program and a site like Eztvefnet.org or Mininova.org

Besides, you did have Australian Celebrity Survivor, which I immensely preferred over Cook Islands (except for that atrocious ending where an Outcast won)....and then there was Australian Survivor, a perfectly cast masterpiece, featuring the greatest breakdown in Survivor history. If I had the choice of Australia or the US producing Survivor from here on out, I'd go with the former. :wink:

Last night, they played some old Survivor on the Versus network. I think it was 3 seasons ago. The one where that woman Dani won.

:up: :up:

Two thumbs up for the Benetton edition of Survivor.

Great mix of people.

I hope the two twists actually contribute to the dynamics of the game and people use the immunity idols for once. I would love to see one pulled out at a tribal council just for the drama.

Sucks to be Sylvia, she had no say in her fate.

Lesson to Survivor contestants , STFU on the first day!!!

trevster2k said:
:up: :up:

Two thumbs up for the Benetton edition of Survivor.

Great mix of people.

I hope the two twists actually contribute to the dynamics of the game and people use the immunity idols for once. I would love to see one pulled out at a tribal council just for the drama.

DITTO!!!! :yes:

trevster2k said:
Sucks to be Sylvia, she had no say in her fate.

Lesson to Survivor contestants , STFU on the first day!!!

Yeah, well she got immunity as well, so it's not all bad. Considering that she was directing people around, this was probably the best thing that could have happened to her.

phanan said:

Yeah, well she got immunity as well, so it's not all bad. Considering that she was directing people around, this was probably the best thing that could have happened to her.

True, but by default she got sent to the crappy camp regardless.

I think she did a good job of picking the tribes though. They look fairly even to me.

Regards to her bossing people around, I would say it was strongly edited to show it that way since I would imagine everyone deferred to her judgement as an architect when the design plans appeared. But we shall see if she gets the boot next episode or continues her bossy ways.

One person quit at the beginning so the tribes were supposed to be even but I guess they has to switch it up after they lost an contestant. Amazing for someone to go through the whole procedure of getting on the show, fly to Fiji and quit at the last minute.

Oh, I agree - they always edit it to make it look more than it really is. In fact, when they discussed her as taking charge of the camp, everyone seemed genuinely glad that she did.

Now if she remains bossy in other areas, then she's in trouble.

And I caught that blurb about someone quitting at the beginning. I wonder what caused him/her to leave...

I cant believe the luxury the green tribe? gets to live in. SO not Survivor :tsk: Maybe the other team will start dominating all the challenges like last season. Sometimes when you're down it gives you much more motivation.

trevster2k said:
:

The first immunity idol was pulled out at tribal by Gary Hogeeboom...twas a pretty cool moment. The difference was that in that season they made you reveal it before the vote. Obviously producers realized that after the vote would be much more dramatic and changed it after that season.

So is James "Rocky" from Boston? Or does he have a son named Boston like smoker boy Shane from 2 seasons ago and thats why he has it tattooed on his arm like Shane did?:wink:

Not a bad opener. Sea snakes....yikes.

They should have the winning tribe from the reward challenges get to move into the luxury camp. That way both tribes get to fight like hell to win that event and enjoy the sweet life.

Maybe this is another experiment to compare different social settings, wealth vs poverty to see if people change work ethic and attitudes depending upon their surroundings. Who knows?

I forgot about Gary's reveal of the idol but you're right it would be more memorable if they find out after the vote. Which is why I don't remember Gary's idol.:wink:

trevster2k said:
They should have the winning tribe from the reward challenges get to move into the luxury camp. That way both tribes get to fight like hell to win that event and enjoy the sweet life.

Interesting idea, I think I'll suggest it to Donald Trump.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom