SURVIVOR 12: Panama - Exile Island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
phanan said:
What I think would be hilarious is if they sent Shane to Exile Island. Let's see how he is after a night there.

:lol:

He'd probably wig out and in his destruction he'd unfortunately uncover the hidden good luck piece that would keep his psychotuc stump-seated ass un the damn game! :mad: Vote him off before he goes postal!

Man, this season, I just can't get connected to the show like in the previous seasons. Maybe after the merge I will find a connection but so far I don't feel it.

Carek1230 said:
I don't even know, is it on tonite? :hyper:

lol I maybe late to respond, Carek, but it was :)
I taped it for later use. :)

this thread has been quiet compared to ones for past seasons. This one is definitely hard to get into. From the first 2 minutes of the season there was already talk of being in the Final Four and talk of the merge...lol...*sigh*
But, I still watch...lol

Not too exciting or surprising tonite, except for the lucky thingie being uncovered on Exile Island. Mr. Stump looked like he was on tranquilizers. I don't get why they are not catching fish tho.

Hewson said:

Anyway...anyone else think they picked up on Probst's "clue" to Misty (good stripper name) about the whereabouts of the immunity idol?
My thinking is he accentuated the word "why" twice when talking to her..."you have to figure out whhhyyy fate was behind you being selected for exile and whyyyy...."
When they came back from commercial she was talking about what he said thinking it had to do with it being buried "behind" where they stood for the challenge, but in the backgroung behind her at the time was a double trunked tree, which looks like a "Y". So I think the idol is in or buried at that tree. Of course I may have just seen "Its a Mad Mad Mad World" one too many times.
And this theory was after episode 1.
To quote Homer Simpson..."I am smart, S-M-R-T...d'oh".

Carek1230 said:
Yesssssssss Charmin! BIG rolls of it!

I wonder if they will squeeze the rolls? :giggle:

chachacha charmin :D
spokes06_Charmin-Bears.jpg

Last edited:
RavenBlue said:
Couldn't they use the toilet paper as firestarter ( if it doesn't get wet that is)

I suppose they could. They were talking about burning the wood from the outhouse or storing wood inside the outhouse with the towels to keep them dry.

Exile Island... proabably not the best idea....people get to go somewhere where they can't talk to anyone else...that makes for pretty boring television. We're getting shots of people lifting rocks and picking at sand. Entertainment!!

I disagree with some of you saying the season is boring. For me, it comes down to how entertaining and memorable the cast is, and it's certainly the best since Pearl Islands. Honestly, how many people left an impression/made for good television in the last few seasons?

Vanuatu: Chris/Twila (sorta)/Eliza/Ami
Palau: Bobby Jon/Stephenie/Ian/Katie/Tom (This season had the least talkative 4th, 5th and 6th place finishers in the show's history in fact)
Guatemala: Brian/Amy/Bobby Jon/Jamie/Gary/Rafe/Stephenie/Danni (only because she won)

Of the four people booted already, three of them left a strong impression (Tina/Melinda/Misty) which is in direct contrast to the rest of the recent seasons where we don't even learn anything about the first few that are sent packing. We're off to a strong start in deed.

Lastly, since I'm a strategic buff (I really could care less about the reward challenge, for example, because as Richard Hatch said in All Stars, it really doesn't make a difference), here's my thoughts on the players and where they stand:

Aras: As seen in the last episode, he has a very positive attitude, a huge challenge/camp help and is extremely well liked. His one downfall of late was outright telling Cirie/Melinda that they would be the ones going home (a la Lex) and taking a side in the Shane/Danielle debacle.

Austin/Nick : These two goofed up horribly when they booted Misty. If they had went along with Dan/Terry's original plan and booted Ruth Marie in Episode 3, they would still have had the option of choosing between Misty/Sally and Dan/Terry without anyone in the tribe feeling alienated. Instead, they made Sally feel like an outcast by booting Misty. Keeping Sally over Ruth Marie in the last episode was an even worse move as she's likely to turn against her tribemates in either an upcoming tribe twist or the merge, whereas Ruth Marie would've felt a part of things and stuck with the guys.

Bobby: Needs to shut his trap and help around the camp. Since Casaya has the numbers, I think they'll have no problem booting him next as they already have a two person lead right now.

Bruce : Pulling his weight and is well liked, but he's not part of Casaya's four person power group. He might need to think about switching sides after a tribe switch (or possibly the merge).

Cirie: Playing the game as best she can and letting everyone else quarrel and lose their place in the pecking order. Smart woman.

Dan: Voting for 'Sally' may have been a horrid move, particularly if he didn't tell Austin/Nick/Terry about it beforehand. Also, he's a physical liability of sorts, and if La Mina loses another immunity challenge, he may be sent home.

Courtney/Danielle/Shane : All in the same boat really. They're in a power alliance in a dominating tribe and assumably will be the Final Four. They just need to stop the fighting.

Sally : Definitely should think of switching sides when the opportunity arrives. Her tribe is likely to be pagonged if they lose another immunity challenge, so it would be best to buddy up with the enemy and they might let her into key alliances as she doesn't look like an individual immunity threat.

Terry: Doing everything right, but he has a big dillemma concerning the hidden immunity idol, either:

A) Tell everyone about it - This only makes sense if he's in a power spot or in a weak position at the merge in terms of numbers. By telling the folks in power that he has the idol, they might not vote for him for a TC, and then figure out a way to vote for him in the next one and send someone else home. In other words, it can prevent him from having to use it right away if he knows he's the target.

B) Keep It A Secret - This strategy works best if he wants to help out his La Mina tribemates. For example, let's say the merge happens at Final 10, and there's only 4 La Mina members compared to 6 from Casaya. Since Terry would likely be the first target of the opposing alliance, he would receive the majority of the votes, but thanks to the idol, the person with the second most votes would be sent home. In other words, La Mina could knock down a Casaya and make it 4 against 5. Also, If La Mina can win the next two ICs and reach the merge with 5, they could theoretically take control if the other tribe was idiotic enough to vote for someone who was at Exile Island.

Anyone else have their thoughts/opinions on how the game will play out? Right now, I'd say that three of the following four (Aras/Courtney/Danielle/Shane) will make it to the final four, while the other member will be eliminated due to Terry's immunity head. Aras seems to be the big threat to win it as he's very well liked and his yoga would surely help him in the final endurance challenge.

Last edited:
:drool: :bow: That's a lot of fanship following right there. Wow. Thanks for sharing all of that. I've not been bored with the show, it's a different season and I like the Exile Island idea. I don't want Shane to win tho. It'll be interesting! :wink:

Carek1230 said:
:drool: :bow: That's a lot of fanship following right there. Wow. Thanks for sharing all of that. I've not been bored with the show, it's a different season and I like the Exile Island idea. I don't want Shane to win tho. It'll be interesting! :wink:

I actually want Shane to win. We've known his son for years. He is polite and nicest kid you would ever know. He wouldn't be this way if Shane wasn't a great father (along with his mom, who is truly wonderful).

Shane has no chance at winning.......I'm sorry. He's way too abrasive and I wouldn't be surprised if he's the person knocked out by Terry's idol just because the opposing tribe will quickly tire of his antics. However, Shane is the final two goat that anybody can defeat (a la Clay or Katie or Steph), so I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up dragged to the end either......

Westport said:

I actually want Shane to win. We've known his son for years. He is polite and nicest kid you would ever know. He wouldn't be this way if Shane wasn't a great father (along with his mom, who is truly wonderful).

oh wow, who'd have "thunk" someone on here knew a castmember...well, at least their son. :)
cool :up: thanks for sharing, westport.

Carek1230 said:
How cool that you know Shane's son! Thanks for sharing that.

It's actually kind of strange to have someone that you know on a game like that. He's actually very nice but I think going cold turkey after smoking three packs a day for years is making him a bit looney.

Back
Top Bottom