Superman Returns - The new Superman movie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I waited until the first 3 Batman movies were sold seperately.

There was no fucking way I was spending money on Batnipple & Robin.

Went to see it today and can't believe i enjoyed it more than POTC!!!! :ohmy: :reject:

Well, apart from Johnny that is of course! :drool: :drool:

Hollywood Reporter

SAN DIEGO -- If director Bryan Singer has his way, Superman will take to the air a second time.

Singer, who directed the current "Superman Returns," told fans Friday at Comic-Con International, that he has had discussions with Warner Bros. Pictures about directing a sequel for release in the summer of 2009.

"Superman Returns," starring Brandon Routh, has grossed $169 million domestically to date, a figure that has been regarded by some observers as a disappointment given the movie's production costs of more than $200 million.

But while Singer stressed that plans for the sequel are still tentative, he expressed his interests in keeping the franchise aloft.

"I plan to get all 'Wrath of Khan' on it," Singer said -- a reference to 1982's "Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan," which is generally considered as having breathed life into the "Star Trek" franchise after 1979's "Star Trek: The Motion Picture" suffered critical barbs. "We haven't concluded a deal. That's always iffy," Singer added. "The intention is to do it for 2009."

MrsSpringsteen said:
Hollywood Reporter

SAN DIEGO -- If director Bryan Singer has his way, Superman will take to the air a second time.

Singer, who directed the current "Superman Returns," told fans Friday at Comic-Con International, that he has had discussions with Warner Bros. Pictures about directing a sequel for release in the summer of 2009.

"Superman Returns," starring Brandon Routh, has grossed $169 million domestically to date, a figure that has been regarded by some observers as a disappointment given the movie's production costs of more than $200 million.

But while Singer stressed that plans for the sequel are still tentative, he expressed his interests in keeping the franchise aloft.

"I plan to get all 'Wrath of Khan' on it," Singer said -- a reference to 1982's "Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan," which is generally considered as having breathed life into the "Star Trek" franchise after 1979's "Star Trek: The Motion Picture" suffered critical barbs. "We haven't concluded a deal. That's always iffy," Singer added. "The intention is to do it for 2009."

Star Trek reference :drool:

He's right though, Star Trek: The Motion Picture was so grossly overbudget it didn't make any money, and when a sequel was greenlit it went underbudget on a substantially low one and re-used the same sets and it was the best Trek movie EVAH.

khaaaaaaaaaaaaunqy6.gif

KHANNN!

LemonMacPhisto said:

Star Trek reference :drool:

He's right though, Star Trek: The Motion Picture was so grossly overbudget it didn't make any money, and when a sequel was greenlit it went underbudget on a substantially low one and re-used the same sets and it was the best Trek movie EVAH.

khaaaaaaaaaaaaunqy6.gif

KHANNN!

Yes, Wrath of Khan rocked!!

Back
Top Bottom