Supergrass- Road To Rouen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
It finally leaked.

I've been listening to it all day. Lots of different instrumetation. Acoustic guitars, pianos, keys, strings. Only 1 song under 2 minutes :ohmy:. Really melodic stuff. The songs have lots of different movements, big drops and such. Miles away from the buzz-saw guitar pop of "I Should Coco." But the record is still only 35 minutes long. They keep progressing in their songwriting, with really nice results.

Favs:

Tales Of Endurance (Parts 4,5 & 6)
Roxy
Kick In The Teeth

The MP3s I got tagged the genre as "Indie." THEY'RE ON EMI/PARLOPHONE, YOU IDIOTS.

Anyway, it's a neat album. Like Brau said, the arrangements are a lot more elaborate than their earlier stuff, but the melodic pop craftsmanship's still there. It's their Revolver, I guess.

Ah, Supergrass! I saw their first 2 vids on a video show here in Australia last night (for the millionth time I might add). I looked at them very differently after the Danny and Jude/Sadie wife swapping scandal!!! :tongue:

i love this band. criminally underrated.

Road to Rouen is a great album - my only complaint is that it is too short. only 8 proper songs really, and one instrumental. but every song is killer.

Back
Top Bottom