Supergrass/Paloalto show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom in Boston

The Fly
I saw Supergrass and Paloalto last night.

I wasn't so impressed with Paloalto. They seem to be a band that relies completely on the voice of the lead singer. Breathe In is a great song, but they don't have "it" yet. Plus, the bassist's hair irritated me. He looked like one of the guys from "The State" with long hair.

Supergrass was fantastic, just as I suspected. When I become a rock star, I want to be just like Supergrass, but better looking. High energy, great, great songs, fun attitude - who could ask for anything more? They played mostly stuff from Life on Other Planets and I Should Coco. In It For the Money was far to underrepresented. No big deal though, all of their songs are good. They were probably pissed that there's no longer smoking in bars in Boston, but the show was excellent anyway. They closed with Caught by the Fuzz and sent me home happy.

I don't know what their following is like in Europe, but they aren't big at all in the US. I would say that they are one of the most underrated bands out there. Their music is made for the mainstream. What's going on here?

Yeah, unfortunately people here in the States haven't caught on to the wonderous world of Supergrass. Going to see them next week. Looking forward to hearing Caught By The Fuzz.

ah yes, I look forward to saturdays show, should be fun.......

zonedogg, i expect you to be there and dressed like Bono or something so I know who you are ......

:wink:

Well, I arrived too late to catch Paloalto saturday night at the metro in Chicago, however i did enjoy Supergrass, although they played a short set. The Metro is a great venue as well, saw the zonedogg there as well, and we shared a few rounds afterwards.......STELLA!

Stella....Oh how I love her.
Although, the morning after isn't always so pleasant.
It is a love/hate relationship.

I loved the Supergrass set! All Ages shows in Chicago SUCK! (a 10pm curfew forces bands off the stage at 9:45 - it's the law).

I like Palo Alto, but elt they were a bit underwhelming. I do like their single and their style of music.

Back
Top Bottom