Superbad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
amazing. just amazing. at first i was pissed because it had no plot, but then i saw the greatness in it -- there is no plot! it reminds me of meeting people at uni, and sharing your crazy drinking stories with them, except this one tops anything. and how funny were Evan and Seth? jesus, hilarious. and the cops! oh man. the animations during the title credits were also fantatsic -- maybe my favourite part of the entire movie.

corianderstem said:

And maybe I can tolerate foul-mouthed, vulgar adults better than I can tolerate foul-mouthed, vulgar teens.

foul-mouthed, vulgar teens are way funnier than foul-mouthed, vulgar adults.

edit: oh yeah, and the teaser-teaser-trailer for The Dark Night :drool:

This movie was sooo funny!!! I saw it yesterday. McLovin was the best! Everytime I think of him I start laughing. Chicka Chicka Yeah! HAHAHAHA!!!

Watching this right now on the internets...about half hour in. Pretty funny, but not #49 on the IMDB top 250 funny. :slant: Got to say, the best parts all involve McLovin, and my other favorite line so far has to be:

Evan: I did it, dude. I even offered to pay for it. It was pimp. I feel like a pimp, like one of those pimps.

Seth: Woah, that is f*ckin' pimp!

:lol:

If it's come out in the last 2 years and it's relatively good, it's up there. :|

Seriously, I'm not sure exactly what they did to the formula for that, but it completely fucked everything up. It used to be a somewhat respectable list.

It's a decent list if you ignore every movie pre-2004. Most everything on there is at least worth one viewing anyway, no matter your tastes.

so effing funny.

i think i liked knocked up a bit better. but i saw it three times, so repeat viewings of superbad will be necessary for an accurate comparison.

too many great lines to quote, but i think "It's funny you should say that, because my back happens to be . . . " got the biggest laugh of the movie. i literally did not hear any dialogue for the following minute, the crowd was laughing so hard.

got_edge said:

Since they changed the formula determining film scores for the list, it's basically turned into a "whatever recent film comes out that's even a little bit hyped into popular culture automatically makes the top 100" notification list.

bollox said:

too many great lines to quote, but i think "It's funny you should say that, because my back happens to be . . . " got the biggest laugh of the movie. i literally did not hear any dialogue for the following minute, the crowd was laughing so hard.

:lmao: yeah that was brilliant

funny movie. i enjoyed. the penis drawings were definitely the best. how utterly absurd.

The penis in front of the tanks at Tianamen Square was the one that absolutely killed me.

Could not breath for about 30 seconds.

Penis drawing didn't do a whole lot for me. :shrug:

The frat party was by far the funniest sequence in the entire film. :lmao:

See, now I thought the movie slowed down during the frat sequence. It was saved by Michael Cera singing and dancing in front of the coke addicts though... that was classic.

LemonMacPhisto said:
See, now I thought the movie slowed down during the frat sequence. It was saved by Michael Cera singing and dancing in front of the coke addicts though... that was classic.

Get back to me when you've been to a frat party. :wink:

I saw this just a few hours ago because it looked funny in the trailer and my older brother liked it. I wasn't expecting anything deep, but the resolution was so unbelievable. These sophisticated confident girls want these extremely doubting guys. Where were they when I was in high school?

The beginning stuff do with going to school and planning for the party was fantastic, if only for the shock of the vulgarity and hearing the numerously inventive ways they'd insult one another.

As the temporary guy on Ebert and Roeper said, the huge middle has some problems and the cop stuff is way off the wall and overstays its welcome.

However, it was still very good and much better than Wedding Crashers and American Pie.

I had a good time (though I find this kind of sexual and alcohol activity disillusioning and frightening) and haven't laughed this hard in a long time.

I agree with the girls going for the guys. I've never met a girl of that "social level" in high school who has the maturity or self-awareness to go for that type of guy.

Lancemc said:
Penis drawing didn't do a whole lot for me. :shrug:

The frat party was by far the funniest sequence in the entire film. :lmao:
Seeing the drawings during the end sequence kind of lost its appeal after half a minute, but the whole story with flashbacks was amazing! I was sure the guy was making it up as a prank, but it really happened. Where do they come up with this stuff?

Lancemc said:
I agree with the girls going for the guys. I've never met a girl of that "social level" in high school who has the maturity or self-awareness to go for that type of guy.
Exactly. I guess it's the price you pay for comedy as all this psychological awareness comes to the characters at the last minute to give that touching feeling, but, yeah, whenever I'VE hesitated much less than those guys, I totally get ignored or avoided, and the girl loses interest really quickly or doesn't even take it in the first place.

I remember this one girl in my class seemed interested in my comments and we'd talk about courses we'd had together, but I gained some weight over the exam study period, and when I saw her at the exam, she had this terrified look on her face. So, maybe I gained 15 or 20 pounds. I was stressed out!

Back
Top Bottom