Suggestions for wooing her on Valentine's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrownEyedBoy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I need help. I can spend around $200 on a Valentine's gift for my girlfriend. Last valentine's whch was our first I gave her this ring:

http://store.swatch.com/bijoubytype/JRR016-8

She really liked it and I gave it to her with a teddy bear that held the ring tied around his neck.

I thought that was a really cool gift but I really don't know what to come up with. Anyone know what I can pull? I need any sort of suggestion possible.

Thanks, I'm sure other guys will appreciate this thread too.

Last edited:

Well, I kind of hope of giving her something besides jewlery this time. I guess Valentine's really is a time for that, though.

I just wanted like cool things to do. I have a sort of idea. Give her a rose when I go pick her up and then have 100 more waiting at home. :hmm:

KhanadaRhodes said:
make her dinner. seriously. go all out and make something really nice, it'll cost less than going out and it'll be so much more intimate.

See, that really is a cool idea but I couldn't cook to save my life and I would probably just mess everything up. I'm still thinking though.

okay. cool. I was just dividing $200 by 100 roses.

A night time picnic is lovely. If you cant cook you could buy a gourmet hamper pack for two. Even better if its at a an orchestral concert, or something similar, soothing type music. ie not Metallica.

Again, Honduras, we don't have concerts everyday and it'd be dangerous to have picnics that late. I'm serious ....if you want to talk about that though let's start another thread. I really want to get some good suggestions for this.

Wooing a girl on Valentine's Day is so ordinary. How about doing something for her on a regular day, a week day, just completely out of the blue? I think that has a lot more mileage than doing something really grand on Valentine's Day when there's so many expectations and all this pressure. If you're a long-term couple, maybe come up with a nice tradition for Valentine's Day like a place to go, movie to watch or something rather than trying to go huge.

I don't know your girl but for me, personally, the little things go a long way.

dsmith2904 said:
Wooing a girl on Valentine's Day is so ordinary. How about doing something for her on a regular day, a week day, just completely out of the blue? I think that has a lot more mileage than doing something really grand on Valentine's Day when there's so many expectations and all this pressure. If you're a long-term couple, maybe come up with a nice tradition for Valentine's Day like a place to go, movie to watch or something rather than trying to go huge.

I don't know your girl but for me, personally, the little things go a long way.

That doesn't mean you don't have to come up with something for Valentine's. I still do little things every day, if only you knew. I gave her the soundtrack and the DVD for Love Actually which is her favorite movie and some roses one day just because I wanted to.

I like your idea about coming up with a sort of tradition. I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the input.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom