Sufjan Stevens Fall Tour, kids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

impy13

ONE love, blood, life
With Michigan and Illinois out of the way, Sufjan Stevens is ready to move on to Tennessee and Louisiana and Missouri and, well, a whole bunch of other states.

Sufjan announced a fall tour today; on stage, he'll be joined by a "small string ensemble (ranging from four to eight members in different cities) and brass section" in order to perform his songs "in a new symphonic context," according to a press release.And the best news: "Sufjan will also be performing five to six new songs on the tour." Yes!

Recent Asthmatic Kitty signing My Brightest Diamond will open all dates, and ticket sale proceeds will go to charities like Doctors Without Borders.

Dates:

09-11 Nashville, TN - Ryman Auditorium
09-15 Austin, TX - Paramount Theater
09-16 Austin, TX - Paramount Theater
09-19 New Orleans, LA - House of Blues
09-20 Atlanta, GA - Fox Theater (PASTE Fest)
09-21 Chapel Hill, NC - Memorial Hall
09-23 Indianapolis, IN - Egyptian Theater
09-24 St. Louis, MO - Pageant
09-25 Milwaukee, WI - Pabst Theater
09-26 Chicago, IL - The Riviera
09-28 Philadelphia, PA - Tower Theatre
09-29 New York, NY - Town Hall
09-30 New York, NY - Town Hall
10-09 Los Angeles, CA - The Wiltern
10-11 San Francisco, CA - Zellerbach Hall
10-13 Portland, OR - Crystal Ballroom
10-14 Vancouver, British Columbia - St. Andrews Cathedral
10-15 Seattle, WA - Paramount

In other news, the third segment of Stevens' Illinois outtakes record, The Avalanche, is now streamable at the Asthmatic Kitty website. The label will drop a hard copy of the record on July 11, but superfjans can pre-order now.

Two, count em, TWO nights in ATX.

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Which means he spends as many nights in Austin as he does in the entire great state of California!

:hug:

It's pretty bad when the closest date to me is either Texas or California. I'm doubting Utah is next on his CD list, bastard.

I'm telling SUJ-FAN you said that! :shame:

:wink:

Have I heard a song by this guy yet? I'm not sure...don't think so...

If only I were a history/geography teacher, I could maybe somehow convince my boss that this show has educational merit and would be a wonderful cultural enrichment/after-school activity for the kids... to improve their awareness of the history of at least 2 states of our our great union. :hmm:

Unfortunately, I teach math.

I'm going to the Raconteurs on the 19th, so 2 nights out in the big city is probably too much.

HeartlandGirl said:
I'm telling SUJ-FAN you said that! :shame:

:wink:

Have I heard a song by this guy yet? I'm not sure...don't think so...

No, he will insult me! :wink:

Hmmm, I think you heard a Christmas song by him. Probably not a very good representation, though. Want to hear somethin'?

I am so disappointed in you HEARTLAND GIRL...after all, Michigan and Illinoise are in the heartland...and he makes some pretty damn good music! ;)

Looks like you'd better hook me up with some SUJ-FAN, mofo. My reputation appears to be on the line here. :wink:

Zoney, unless he's singing about cattle feedlots and oil wells, then he's not singing about the heartland I'm from... ;)

*feels for the person from Kansas* :hug:

Back
Top Bottom