Suede vs Oasis vs Blur

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who were the true kings of 'Britpop'?

• Suede

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Oasis

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Blur

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Suede weren't part of 'Britpop' but they sill kicked Oasis and Blur's a**

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haven't listened to enough to have a firm opinion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the above bands were the true kings of 'Britpop'

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

financeguy

ONE love, blood, life
Who were the true kings of Britpop?

If voting for the last option, please state which band apart from the three mentioned should be considered the true kings of 'Britpop'.

BTW, I wouldn't consider either Radiohead or Coldplay to be part of the 'Britpop' genre, but if you disagree, by all means post a response anyway.

Last edited:
I voted Oasis because I think they were the most associated with the genre. Blur kinda shied away from it after The Great Escape and Suede I didn't consider Britpop.

That said in terms of personal preference and my liking of the bands I rank them in this order:

Blur
Suede
Oasis

I voted for Blur because up until they changed their sound on the self titled album, they were literally Brit Pop! Can't get more Brit Pop than Parklife methinks. Oasis are not far behind but I always considered them more of just a Beatles influenced 90s rock band. :shrug: Haven't listened to much Suede except for Animal Nitrate, Trash, The Beautiful Ones among other hits. And I :love: the hits.

Why ever bother? All the avante guard music fans on this board love Blur, hate Oasis, and don't know Suede from 93-94, when they were brilliant.

Blur "avant-garde"? I've seen more avant-garde in sculptures in my local park!

But I know what you're saying.:up:

MrBrau1 said:
Why ever bother? All the avante guard music fans on this board love Blur, hate Oasis, and don't know Suede from 93-94, when they were brilliant.

Yeah Animal Nitrate and So Young were ok songs I suppose.

Blur have now ceded their early lead to Oasis......sorted, sorted, sorted, awright, awright, where's the lager??....

Zootlesque said:
Animal Nitrate!!!!!!!!

The early 90s were sooo :drool:

It was a golden age. It was "Brit-Pop."

I got to see Suede, The Wonder Stuff, Catherine Wheel, The Charlatans, Blur, Primal Scream, Verve. There are others I'm forgetting.

Guess who opened for Suede when I saw them on October 15th, 1993?

Counting Crowes. Friggin Strange.

Last edited:
There's a lifeline slipping as the record plays
As i open the blinds of my mind I'm believing
That you could stay

MrBrau1 said:

I got to see Suede, The Wonder Stuff, Catherine Wheel, The Charlatans, Blur, Primal Scream, Verve. There are others I'm forgetting.

Suede when I saw them on October 15th, 1993

:drool:

Wish I'd been in Britain at the time! Where are you from mr.brau? Where's Keene?

MrBrau1 said:
See, now I'm stuck, how do I verbalise the guitar solo from "Hollywood Life"? Or "New Generation"?

Yes, tricky. The quote I posted from So Young
in no way does justice
to the heart-stopping moment of the song.

Zootlesque said:

:drool:

Wish I'd been in Britain at the time! Where are you from mr.brau? Where's Keene?

I was near NYC at the time. College. Keene is in Southwest New Hampshire. No rock here. Though I did luck out and see Aimee Mann here Monday. And she kicked.

Back
Top Bottom