Suede vs Oasis vs Blur

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who were the true kings of 'Britpop'?

• Suede

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Oasis

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Blur

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Suede weren't part of 'Britpop' but they sill kicked Oasis and Blur's a**

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haven't listened to enough to have a firm opinion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the above bands were the true kings of 'Britpop'

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Blur and Oasis might be the 'kings' of BritPop, but Pulp made the best album (Different Class). I will give Blur credit, though, their greatest hits disc is one of the best albums track-for-track I've ever heard.

PopFly said:
Blur and Oasis might be the 'kings' of BritPop, but Pulp made the best album (Different Class).

mmhmm
icon36.gif

Blur were the first 'real' band that caught my attention when I was nine years old, and I somewhat blindly preferred them to Oasis until I was about 17 by just not giving the Gallagher brothers a chance.

In sixth form, I started buying Oasis albums and started to prefer them to Blur, who I began to lose interest in around the 2000 mark. I agree with the remark about Blur's Best Of.., being one of the best track-for-track albums - their single collection holds up better for me than their overall album back catalogue.

Also, do we have any Ocean Colour Scene appreciators in the forum? The Riverboat Song and The Day We Caught The Train surely deserve an honourable mention from the glorious Britpop era :)

By the way, if anyone hasn't seen the Britpop documentary Live Forever, then do check it out.

OK this one has closed so without further ado I hereby declare Oasis the "kings of Britpop".

Back
Top Bottom