Suede Appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have every Suede album.

I have both Bernard Butler solo albums.

I have The Tears album.

Saw Suude live in 1993. And Bernard acoustic in 1998.

Bernard Butler is the greatest guitar player of his generation. Yes, even better than Jon Squire.

I love the songwriting team of Anderson/Butler. Suede weren't the same after Bernard left, but the 2 records they did with him are stuff of legend.

MrBrau1 said:
I have every Suede album.

I have both Bernard Butler solo albums.

I have The Tears album.

Saw Suude live in 1993. And Bernard acoustic in 1998.

Bernard Butler is the greatest guitar player of his generation. Yes, even better than Jon Squire.

I love the songwriting team of Anderson/Butler. Suede weren't the same after Bernard left, but the 2 records they did with him are stuff of legend.

i echo everything my esteemed colleague, MrBrau1, has said (sans the 'seen them in 1993' bit - daft bastard!).
'dog man star' remains one of my desert island albums. the thing plays like a broadway musical, for chrissake. absolutely insane. nobody, and i mean nobody, melded pop and rock and classical as effectively as suede (with the exception of queen). they made some amazing music. the first 2 albums are utterly untouchable. bernard butler tore the guitar to bits, a great foil to bretts warbling voice. and that rhythm section was pretty hot. i'm sure that the smiths comparisons are tired, but they're not entirely off - fantastic lead singer with (depending on your taste) a variably amazing or grating voice, superfuckingrockstar guitar player, melodic bass playing steering the song, and a solid backbeat, bill berry style.
great band. thanks for starting the rant.
dudeman

They're pretty good. Don't move me the same way Blur, Supergrass, and Pulp do, but The Drowners FTW. :drool:

Hey, another Brit Pop band that's better than Oasis!

I don't agree with the consensus on the post-Butler albums, though. Coming Up is pretty damned amazing considering the circumstances.

By The Sea & The Chemistry Between Us: :drool:

:love:Suede:love:

'Dog Man Star' is also one of my all time favourite albums... especially 'The Asphalt World' .. outstanding :drool:

Does anyone have Brett Anderson's solo CD? (released last year) Played this constantly.. brilliant stuff.

TranceEnding said:
:love:Suede:love:

'Dog Man Star' is also one of my all time favourite albums... especially 'The Asphalt World' .. outstanding :drool:

That's one of the best rock records ever. It's like a movie.

I enjoy their singles collection a lot, but don't feel like going any further. I'm not the biggest fan of Brett Anderson's voice - it's perfect for what they do and I'm not generally against mannered vocals, but his particular brand gets a bit tiring after a while.

Back
Top Bottom