Stupidest band names

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I second Coldplay. As for Garbage, there's this (probably apocryphal) story going around that when they were picking band names, the record company gave them two and they picked the better one - the other was 'Hootie and the Blowfish'. Which, come to think of it, is a crap name as well.

Despite me loving them to bits, Elastica is a daft name. As is Echobelly and Sleeper. And of course, the usual Korn, Limp Bizkit and Slipknot.

Actually, I heard that Garbage picked their name because when they were listening to their demo, one of the band members remarked that that's what it sounded like: garbage.

And it stuck.

Moral: Be careful what you say in mixed company. Like my cousin, who called her cat Booger one day...and from that day foreward, the cat was known as Booger (And still is....18 years old, poor cat. As a kid, we'd chase it down the hall and yell "booger booger booger booger snot"). :(

public affection. the name live went by before they changed their name to live. live is a sucky name cos it's so hard to talk about them if you're not talking to someone who knows the music

but they're one of my favourite bands

Back
Top Bottom