Stupid Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

~LadyLemon~

I Serve Larry's Stick
OK, help me figure out the male mind. I ran into this guy yesterday, and we talked and caught up about stuff. When we say goodbye, he always says for me to keep in touch. So I'm thinking...keep in touch how? Should I drop him a line and see if he'd like to go out for a drink sometime?

Yes, again stupid question. But if it were a regular guy friend I wouldn't be asking this. This is a professor I had a class with last fall. We have a lot in common, but he's in his thirties. My best friend thinks I should "go for it". He's a cool guy, and we're both music nerds. Is he just being too shy to make a move, or am I just going to make a jackass out of myself? :laugh:

Nope, it's not the British guy...he's actually a few years older...um, 38. But he was my other professor thing from last year. God, this is sad.

Re: W.W.S.D?

Hehehe...W.W.S.D.? That's great. But I'm not going to take off my shirt and play bass for him! ;)

I guess I should drop him a line...I've met with him in his office before, he's really enthusiastic in helping me try to get a job in the music industry. When I went to London in March, he was really insisting that I get a hold of him after my trip to let him know how it was. He said I should stop by his office, but instead I emailed him. When he replied he kept saying how good it was to hear from me and blah blah blah. Last week I was walking through the library and I bumped into him. He was using one of the phones that we have in here, and in the process of turning around to say hello to me, he almost dropped the phone. He looked a little flustered. :eek:

Eh, I'm such a wimp...I never initiate things. :banghead:

diamond said:

Iam a little concern though you just wanna USE him for your OWN womanly needs though;:dance: :cool:

Well in this point of my life, I deserve to do that.

Lara Mullen said:
Have u emailed him yet???!?!?! :yes: :yes: :yes: :D

Not yet...although I just was told by another friend that I HAD to do it ASAP. I'm nervous. :eek:

Don't know what to say. I am spineless.

:banghead:

hmm..........

Not going to say hindsight is 20/20 and tell you not to bother with the Prof even if you had his interest....but> Is there something you could haphazardly invite him along on that you would both be interested in? You might find that you both have a great deal in common interest or a really good friend..never know...

Re: hmm..........

therulz said:
Not going to say hindsight is 20/20 and tell you not to bother with the Prof even if you had his interest....but> Is there something you could haphazardly invite him along on that you would both be interested in? You might find that you both have a great deal in common interest or a really good friend..never know...

Well, the class I had him for was intro to popular music, and we're both music freaks. We would often talk after class about our favorite bands, and the people we enjoyed most in whatever particular genre/era we were discussing that day. I've been getting the push more and more from friends. I'm going to be going home for a week in a little bit before fall semester ends. I think I'm just going to get in touch with him then, and we'll see what happens...

~LadyLemon~ said:

Not yet...although I just was told by another friend that I HAD to do it ASAP. I'm nervous. :eek:

Don't know what to say. I am spineless.

:banghead:

soooooo whats happenin with him now ;)

Lara Mullen said:

soooooo whats happenin with him now ;)

I really don't know. Unfortunately these juicy details happened with someone else. But really, I plan on emailing the prof in a couple weeks when fall classes begin. Then we'll have more lost time to "make up", lol.

~LadyLemon~ said:

I really don't know. Unfortunately these juicy details happened with someone else. But really, I plan on emailing the prof in a couple weeks when fall classes begin. Then we'll have more lost time to "make up", lol.

ack email him now what u got to lose?? ;) :D :yes: :D

Lara Mullen said:

ack email him now what u got to lose?? ;) :D :yes: :D

Yeah, I know. It's just that I'm only going to be around Monday and Tuesday this week, and I'll be back Friday, but going home after that...plus I'm a wimp. But I am going to do it!:love:

~LadyLemon~ said:

Yeah, I know. It's just that I'm only going to be around Monday and Tuesday this week, and I'll be back Friday, but going home after that...plus I'm a wimp. But I am going to do it!:love:

:tongue: ack dont be a wimp email him now woman or ull regret it just say hey how r u-short and sweet- i bet he replies straight away!!! :heart: :yes: :D :D

Lara Mullen said:

:tongue: ack dont be a wimp email him now woman or ull regret it just say hey how r u-short and sweet- i bet he replies straight away!!! :heart: :yes: :D :D

Damn, you are persistent! Maybe you should do it for me!

Back
Top Bottom