Strathewen, Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, where the hell is the thread going? Humpadiliac, Wisconsin? Clarksonscrew, province of York? Ianhasrathermoreimportantthingstodorightnow, Liechtenstein?

Ian has two minutes, or I'll post my version of the 300th. You'll live to regret me posting it, people!

I'm sorry if I offended you with that, I didn't mean to!

Can you explain to me something about the huge difference? Do you get taught English at school or not? If so, is it just words or Grammar too?
I'm generally interested, because with most countries you can say that most people either speak lowsy English or they speak it well, but with Brazil, I met plenty of people online who had great if not perfect English, and the people with the worst ever English also happen to be from the same country. It just confuses me.

No worries, really! I actually agree with you, and their behavior in those threads is absolutely ludicrous. The guy with the Ayrton Senna picture as his avatar is :doh:

We have compulsory English courses at school, maybe 3 hours a week at most. This is mainly grammar, but usually it's not very well taught and the kinds won't learn much. Middle class kids generally also follow private English classes after school, maybe some extra 3 hours a week - these are actually better and it's how most kids learn English. We tend to learn Grammar more than Oral Skills, but I guess when both are somewhat disconnected you end up by not learning much. Some teenagers also go to the USA, Canada, Australia or New Zealand to spend 6 months in high school, which generally is the most efficient.

بخبق زه دتجوق حي جو حو سفسةحلا جف يجزق يتحع، سوب ح بجو'ع موجث تجث عج غخفو حع جلل.

بخبق زه دتجوق حي جو حو سفسةحلا جف يجزق يتحع، سوب ح بجو'ع موجث تجث عج غخفو حع جلل.

And Ashley writes a cryptic message in Arabic... :eyebrow:

No worries, really! I actually agree with you, and their behavior in those threads is absolutely ludicrous. The guy with the Ayrton Senna picture as his avatar is :doh:

We have compulsory English courses at school, maybe 3 hours a week at most. This is mainly grammar, but usually it's not very well taught and the kinds won't learn much. Middle class kids generally also follow private English classes after school, maybe some extra 3 hours a week - these are actually better and it's how most kids learn English. We tend to learn Grammar more than Oral Skills, but I guess when both are somewhat disconnected you end up by not learning much. Some teenagers also go to the USA, Canada, Australia or New Zealand to spend 6 months in high school, which generally is the most efficient.

:lol: That's U2boy or something like that no? He doesn't seem very bright to me, but he's amusing anwyay.

Ah, that explains a lot then. I didn't know you guys could follow private English classes. So did you go to an English speaking country then? Your English is great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom