Stop the Clocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheQuiet1

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Stop the Clocks

Oasis are going to release a Greatest Hits album. Now as I own most of their songs this is something that ordinarily I couldn't care less about (unless I wanted to get into an argument about which tracks should be on it, which I don't particularly want to do). BUT just look at that title, does this mean 'Stop the Clocks' (an unreleased track that is allegedly Noel's best work and supposed to sound like Champagne Supernova) is finally going to make an appearance? :hyper: AND, if rumours are to be believed, Liam's song, 'The Boy With The Blues'*, might also be on it as a bonus track. :hyper:

* This was meant to be released as a stand alone single earlier this year but never was...

And whilst I'm on about Oasis news- A tour film of Oasis' last world tour (26 countries, 110 shows, 1.7 million people) could be released this year. The new B-sides compilation has been pencilled in for release in 2007. The band are also supposed to be back in the studio in 2007 with possibly a new album in 2008 but knowing Oasis we can probably safely assume we won't be seeing a new album till at least 2009 :wink: .

Yay! :hyper: This is so cool. Oasis are the (2nd) best band ever!

The full tracklisting is as follows:

01 Some Might Say
02 Don't Look Back In Anger
03 D'You Know What I Mean?
04 All Around The World
05 Go Let It Out
06 The Hindu Times
07 Lyla
08 The Importance Of Being Idle
09 Masterplan
10 Half The World Away
11 Acquiesce
12 Champagne Supernova
13 Rock 'n' Roll Star
14 Supersonic
15 Wonderwall
16 Whatever
17 Boy With The Blues
18 Stop The Clocks

Thats the full track listing according to dotmusic.

partygirlvox said:
Yay! :hyper: This is so cool. Oasis are the (2nd) best band ever!

word

yea, stop the clocks is supposed to be EPIC....can't wait to hear that tune......and don't call it a greatest hits, noel didnt want to put one out until the band was completely done but sony is forcing them to do so....

Cool but...

Live Forever
Cigarettes & Alcohol
Don't Go Away
Let There Be Love
Etc.

Could have been 2 discs

On the 1st August 2006, An Oasis PR confirmed to TeleText's Planet Sound that The Sun's guess at the final tracklisting was wrong, and that the full line-up wouldn't be confirmed until September.

Looks like this thread has run to its conclusion.

clockstoppersre8.jpg

bsp77 said:
Cool but...

Live Forever
Cigarettes & Alcohol
Don't Go Away
Let There Be Love
Etc.

Could have been 2 discs

Couldn't agree more bsp, any Oasis best of really isn't a best of without Live Forever, or Cigarettes.

That was an actual "movie critic" quote for that piece of garbage.

A part of me died inside when I read it, and his name was George, George McFly, my density.

The thing I find strange about that track listing is All Around The World. I like the song but I wouldn't call it essential Oasis and at over 9 minutes long if you cut it out of the album completely you could get 2, possibly even three, extra songs on the disc!

TheQuiet1 said:
The thing I find strange about that track listing is All Around The World. I like the song but I wouldn't call it essential Oasis and at over 9 minutes long if you cut it out of the album completely you could get 2, possibly even three, extra songs on the disc!

What other song from Be Here Now was that successful though?

preferably, I'd have Magic Pie over that one.

LemonMacPhisto said:

What other song from Be Here Now was that successful though?

preferably, I'd have Magic Pie over that one.

I'd always thought Stand By Me was the big hit from Be Here Now but frankly I never thought much to Stand by Me so I'm sort of glad they didn't go for that one. I think I'd rather have Don't Go Away personally. Though I do love Magic Pie- "An extraordinary guy can never have an ordinary day" and the guitars that kick in during "They are sleeping while they dream and then they wanna be adored":drool:

TheQuiet1 said:

I'd always thought Stand By Me was the big hit from Be Here Now but frankly I never thought much to Stand by Me so I'm sort of glad they didn't go for that one. I think I'd rather have Don't Go Away personally. Though I do love Magic Pie- "An extraordinary guy can never have an ordinary day" and the guitars that kick in during "They are sleeping while they dream and then they wanna be adored":drool:

hmm, I was never a big Stand by Me fan, and Don't Go Away is alright. That bit from Magic Pie makes it droolworthy.

I'm disappointed there's no Fuckin' in the Bushes, Morning Glory, or Live Forever on that list as well.

They probably should make it a volume one retrospective, encapsulating everything up to and NOT including Don't Believe the Truth.

Definite considerations for the compilation:

DM

Rock N Roll Star
Live Forever
Supersonic
Cigarettes
Slide Away

WTS (MG) (ridiculous as this may seem for a 10 track album, its a testament to how amazing the album was)

Roll With It
Wonderwall
Don't Look Back In Anger
Some Might Say
Morning Glory
Champagne Supernova

BHN

D'you know what i mean
My Big Mouth (personally, i love it!)
Stand By Me
Don't Go Away
All Around The World

SOTSOG (from a commercial perspective, it might be worth about 3 tracks from this disc, evern if they might seem unworthy)

Fuckin'
Go let It Out
Who Feels Love
Gas Panic
Where Did It All Go Wrong

HC (see SOTSOG)

Hindu Times
Stop Crying Your Heart Out
Little By Little
(sweet little) songbird (bonus/hidden track maybe?)

(and although i think DBTT songs should not be included)
DBTT

Lyla
Importance of Being Idle
Let There be Love

OTHERS

Whatever
Aquiesce
Sad Song
Let's All Make Believe
Masterplan
The Fame

+
Boy With The Blues
Stop The Clocks

Very difficult compilation to compile, even more difficult than 80's U2 greatest hits. no one will be completely satisfied I doubt.

I'm more hanging out for a DVD release to coincide with the CD, with all the awesome videos and stuff...

Perhaps Wibbling Rivalry could be a hidden track!!!! :wink:

I'm just gonna copy what intedomine did, except it's what I think will be on there over what I'd choose. It bothers me that a 2-disc compilation will only have 18 tracks, my iTunes one is 2 discs worth with 33 songs. :sad:

Definitely Maybe
Live Forever
Cigarettes & Alcohol
Supersonic

(What's the Story) Morning Glory?
Wonderwall
Don't Look Back in Anger
Some Might Say
Champagne Supernova

Be Here Now
All Around the World

Standing on the Shoulders of Giants
Go Let It Out

Heathen Chemistry
The Hindu Times

Don't Believe the Truth
Mucky Fingers
The Importance of Being Idle
Let There Be Love

Non-Album Singles / B-sides
Half the World Away
Acquiesce
The Masterplan

+ Stop the Clocks, Boy With the Blues

My playlist is radically different, I'll post it if you guys want.

Last edited:
Yeah post that list, that'd be intriguing...

I'd be surprised if Mucky Fingers was included, but we'll wait and see.

I find it hard to believe they'd release a 2 disc compilation and have only 18 songs. It just seems illogical, unless they're considering throwing on whopper songs like D'you know what I mean, Listen Up and All Around the World, and they're including Better Man and that blasted half an hour of silence that follows it before leading into The Cage.

That's not the real tracklist for stop the clocks. The Sun posted it and Oasis confirmed it was not the tracklist. They will announce it in September. Rumors are that tracklist are the songs Noel picked, I wouldn't be surprised because there are no Liam penned tracks in the list. But we'll see...

Disc 1:
1. Morning Glory
2. Acquiesce
3. Some Might Say
4. Slide Away
5. Stay Young
6. Lyla
7. Live Forever
8. Guess God Thinks I'm Abel
9. Married With Children
10. She is Love
11. Fade Away (Warchild Version)
12. Don't Go Away
13. Idler's Dream
14. Half the World Away
15. Let There Be Love
16. Sittin' Here in Silence (On My Own)
17. All Around the World

Disc 2:
1. Turn Up the Sun
2. Mucky Fingers
3. Eyeball Tickler
4. The Hindu Times
5. Fuckin' in the Bushes
6. Go Let It Out
7. Cigarettes & Alcohol
8. Magic Pie
9. Don't Look Back in Anger
10. The Masterplan
11. Little by Little
12. Wonderwall
13. Sad Song
14. D'Yer Wanna Be a Spaceman
15. Going Nowhere
16. Whatever
17. Champagne Supernova

I'd also like to add that Cigarettes -> Magic Pie flow perfectly into each other.

Last edited:
Well, I hope that tracklist posted in The Sun is wrong, there are many lacks and some other songs are not that important.
Here's my try of what I think it could be a good a tracklist...

1. stop the clocks *
2. supersonic
3. the hindu times
4. little by little
5. don't go away
6. sunday morning call
7. roll with it
8. some might say
9. whatever
10. live forever
11. acquiesce
12. let there be love
13. songbird
14. stop crying your heart out
15. wonderwall

1. boy with the blues *
2. go let it out
3. champagne supernova
4. cigarrets & alcohol
5. shakermarker
6. who feels love?
7. Lyla
8. don't look back in anger
9. d'you know what I mean
10. stand by me
11. the importance of being idle
12. all around the world
13. roll it over
14. better man (hidden track)

never bought a oasis album before but i think this would be a must for any music fan.

Back
Top Bottom