Stop Press - Footy Thread No. 666

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I heard Milan was after Adriano as well , imagine , he stays in Milan , only changes the neighborhood.

1stepcloser said:

I didn't say it was slow. I said it was slower. The premiership is played at a very fast pace and i think that it suits Gerrards game more. Viera is similar. Perhaps that's why he hasn't been as effective for Juve as he was for Arsenal (although don't quote me on that because i haven't seen many Juve matches, just what i've heard :wink: )

Oh, I quote on Viera! :wink: Until at least February Viera was always one of the best in the field and he has also scored goals. He, like many others, probably payed the usual hard summer training of Capello. His teams gain always a lot of advantage in the first 4-5-6 month of the season and lose a lot, mostly in terms of physical condition, by the end of the season, that's why Juventus wasted 14 points advantage on Milan, winning the title (tricks apart :wink:) with just 2 points advantage. Well, even slower doesn't find me so agree actually, I mean, Gerrard isn't much faster than Kaka or Rome's Mancini or Juve's Zambrotta and Nedved for instance. It depends mostly of the tacticts, of course the low, middle-low list teams are highly defense teams but they play on high pressing and this obliges you to have a fast rhythm to overcome their walls.......................don't know if there's so much difference between Seria A, Premiership and Liga

J_NP said:
I heard Milan was after Adriano as well , imagine , he stays in Milan , only changes the neighborhood.

Ha! They can kiss my royal blackblue ass!! :wink:

No, I think Adriano won't move from Inter, he has too much affection with president Moratti. And it looks like Inter is finally discarding Juan Sebastian "biggest asshole in the world" Veron, who doesn't lose a moment to talk bad about Adriano. Veron is Adriano's problem, he can't hold his mouth shut, he doesn't want the good of Inter, and finally it seems Moratti got this. We can't lose Adriano, he's the best striker, the most loved by the fans, the one who takes everytime the biggest shouts and the loudest applauses. If he would go at Milan, we fans would do such a revolution, that even the school history books would talk about it!!

Talkin bout more crazy possibles "business" , I had read yesterday that Real is after Messi :huh: This time they are really messing with fire , and they will try to do this behind Barca's back :eyebrow: And today I read , real will go after Kaka ? Ok Sure , I think Zidane also said somethin bout playing only one more season and that's it , but still , These folks in real madrid are definitely crazy..... Do they think they will play with 15 or something like to put all these players ? Cant just they see that they arent lacking of great players , what they need is a TEAM . To get all the greatest national teams and put into a club wont solve the prob . These folks are really ........

1stepcloser said:

However if he should leave Chelsea then they would be in a lot of trouble...

Absolutely no doubt about that, but I did read somewhere a while ago, far from leaving, he's grooming his son to take over when he eventually steps down.

J_NP said:
Talkin bout more crazy possibles "business" , I had read yesterday that Real is after Messi :huh: This time they are really messing with fire , and they will try to do this behind Barca's back :eyebrow: And today I read , real will go after Kaka ? Ok Sure , I think Zidane also said somethin bout playing only one more season and that's it , but still , These folks in real madrid are definitely crazy..... Do they think they will play with 15 or something like to put all these players ? Cant just they see that they arent lacking of great players , what they need is a TEAM . To get all the greatest national teams and put into a club wont solve the prob . These folks are really ........

Real Madrid has its president elections soon, so every candidate is trying to get more votes as possible by blabing each and every name.....................:blahblah:
It's like politics in times of election: "Give me your vote and I will do this, this, this and eeeeeeeeeeven that!"

Bah! Barn Owls :tsk:

J_NP said:
Zidane also said somethin bout playing only one more season

Zidane has well stated he will quit after the WC, and I don't believe he's a two words man. There were voices of a possible continuing of his career in China.....................yeah, China.............Zidane in China......................usual fake voices that some sponsor makes circulate

Real Madrid, at least THIS Real Madrid, was absolutely the worst team where Zidane could have ever go. In my opinion, he would have made a better choice by going at a team like Manchester Utd, which isn't a team made by clowns like Madrid, but by men like Alex Ferguson

What has he won? Only the first year, and then?
He hasn't won anything compared to what they could have won considering the players Real bought. How do you call a team that calls itself "galacticos" and loses like a 2nd league team? That's the result of pure exaltation

Keane retires from football
LONDON (Reuters) - Celtic midfielder Roy Keane is retiring following medical advice, seven months after leaving Manchester United.

The Irishman, who will be 35 in August, has been suffering from a hip problem for some time and said last month he would consult doctors before deciding whether to play another season with Celtic.

"Having received medical advice from my surgeon and the Celtic FC doctor, I feel my only option is to retire," he said in a statement on Celtic's Web site.

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/060612/2/keej.html

WOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOO

Sorry this is old news but Henry is staying at Arsenal.

Talking about players who have been pondering whether to stay or leave their current teams, what is happening with Dario Simic? One minute he says he wants to play in the English league, next he says he's happy at Milan. Then a transfer to England is on the cards again, next he's telling the press that Milan's psychologists have helped him to remain uptimistic about his possition in the squad. Next thing he's rowing with the coach and making it very clear to the chairman that he wants to leave. Fiorentina make a bid and he says that he would except his offer. THEN, the transfer is off.....AGAIN. Make up your mind, boy!

Sorry to hear about Keane, he has been one of Ireland's best players in years. He provided a good service to Man Utd (and I hate Man U) and even Celtic for his last few months.

prostars-PRO1054.jpg

babyman said:
Real Madrid, at least THIS Real Madrid, was absolutely the worst team where Zidane could have ever go. In my opinion, he would have made a better choice by going at a team like Manchester Utd, which isn't a team made by clowns like Madrid, but by men like Alex Ferguson

Interestingly, Ferguson actually had the chance to sign Zidane about 10 years when he was still at Bordeaux but chose not to. I wonder if he regrets that now...

Anyone see the story about the thieving scouse baboons, Knowsley safari park manager david ross, said, & I quote, "If you think about it, it's hardly surprising, all the baboons were born here on merseyside." Is it something they put in the water on merseydive or what?

mersydive theft shock, pt. 5,876,543, or thereabouts,

jerzy dudek has appealed to local rag readers to, "help get my medals back" sorry fella but you must have spent all your time at slimeypool, wearing earplugs, & blinkers if you think you've got any chance of seeing them again, the scroat or scroats who knicked them probably sold them within minutes of performing their day job, for their next fix.

Malcolm Glazer is growing desperate as he tries to ease Manchester United's huge debt burden.

The Old Trafford owner has ordered top banking institution Goldman Sachs to trawl for new investers as the weight of a giant £540m overdraft threatens to cripple the club.

All the way through the US Tycoon's takeover, fan groups warned that the amount of money he and his family were borrowing could threaten United's future - now those gloomy forecasts look to be coming true.

It's understood that the latest payment of the loan due - £26million - has yet to be paid.

Glazer has promised Alex Ferguson around £35million in transfer funds this summer - which would hardly suggest that United are in money trouble.

But even the Glazers know that Ferguson's team has to be built up over the next few weeks if United are to have any real chance in the Premiership and the Champions League next year - and bring in the much needed cash those successes would generate.

That from red issue, it looks like United are on the brink, also a story about ronaldo talking to madrid, I say if they offer 20 mill+ take it & good riddance to him.

red issue website, if you want to know anything about UNITED look there , not the official(bullshit) site, red issue tell it like it is, warts 'n all.

GLAZERS SET TO MORTGAGE UNITED’S ENTIRE FUTURE

By Editor Monday 3rd July 2006

The Royal Bank of Scotland is apparently on the case.

An excellent Wall Street source writes:

"Just learned on the financial grapevine that a UK bank has been mandated to put together the financing package for the stadium. Gate receipts and other merchandising income is likely to go into the pot and be sold off to financial investors. Get ready for another ‘Emirates Stadium’ type rebranding."

Such a 'mortgaging' is exactly the sort of deal which Leeds ventured into before they hit such trouble. If verified this would (along with confirming what BackBeat reported back in April in RI 98) ensure that the Glazers’ weasel way with words is exposed once again. This from their infamous MUTV monologue last July:

- What is your response to the allegations you are going to sell and lease back Old Trafford?

"Absolutely ridiculous! That’s been one of the real frustrating things we’ve read about and you just want to communicate directly that that’s not going to happen. There are absolutely no plans to do that. This is the heritage and the real foundation of this club so there is no thought process whatsoever to be doing that."

Wonder what the "wait & see brigade" think to that, hate to say I told you so, but it was a plain as the nose on anyones face the twat was going to do this.
Also, funny how not so many "big name" signings aren't being linked with Utd all of a sudden.
Dark days are gathering at OT, my prediction, within 5, possibly even 3 years Utd will be in the championship.
I fucking hate the glazers.

the rockin edge said:
so Villa have O'Neill.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/aston_villa/5246190.stm

isn't the club still in termoil with takeover bids and the like?

1step?.:wink:

Makes me think what the hell O'Neill is thinking. He's a good manager (or was at Celtic) - why Villa? They might have a chance without Deadly Doug but that would deprive the rest of us of the truly epic standard of comic eccentricity that he's set.

Somehow I hope that Athole Still takes over. Imagine the jokes...

Next permanent Manchester United manager
SELECTION

Martin O'Neill 2/1
Guus Hiddink 6/1
Ottmar Hitzfeld 7/1
Marcelo Lippi 8/1
Sven Goran Eriksson 8/1
Mark Hughes 10/1
Steve McLaren 12/1
Carlos Queiroz 14/1
David Moyes 14/1
Roy Keane 16/1
Sam Allardyce 16/1
Paul Le Guen 20/1
Alan Curbishley 25/1
Fabio Capello 25/1
Gordon Strachan 25/1
Jurgen Klinsmann 25/1
Martin Jol 25/1
Paul Jewell 25/1
Arsene Wenger 33/1
Steve Bruce 33/1
Bryan Robson 50/1
George Burley 50/1
Jose Mourinho 66/1

That caught my eye on ladbrokes site this morning, a day after O'neill becomes Villa manager he's installed as favourite to be next United boss.

Also, they're doing specials for forthcoming season, 1 of which made me chuckle, Newcastle, to win Prem, & FA Cup double 500/1, wouldn't touch that 1 if they where offering 5,000,000/1!

Back
Top Bottom