Stone Roses To Reform!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

intedomine

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Noel Gallagher predicted it, and it is looming as a magical possibility.

THE REFORMATION OF THE LEGENDARY STONE ROSES!!!

Johnny Squire, as well as Reni and Mani, has also made mention of a desire to reunite the band after theirsplit in 96.

Remember I Wanna Be Adored, Made of Stone, Daybreak, This is the One, Fools Gold, Mersey Paradise?

The prospect of hearing new material from the almighty Stone Roses is so mouthwatering.

Let's hope it eventuates.

Read this:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Former band members RENI and MANI further stoked the possibility of a STONE ROSES reunion while out in MANCHESTER on Saturday (May 28).

The duo went to watch The Coral’s Carling 24 show in Manchester together, and both confirmed they would be up for reforming their old band.

“Never say never, but it won’t be this year,” Reni told BBC Six Music. “I’m going to play with Mani, that’s a guaranteed – I’m writing songs for me and him.”

Although Mani had previously said The Stone Roses would only unite after Manchester City won the European Cup – ie never – he admitted that he would actually consider it, saying: "I'd love to me – just for the sheer joy of playing with this guy (Reni) again."

Despite their former bandmate Ian Brown also playing as part of the Manchester 24 hour event, neither Mani or Reni said they would be attending, but praised The Coral’s performance.

“I came ‘cos Mani told me there were some gigs on in town – cos Mani’s got his finger on the pulse,” explained Reni. “He brought me out to see The Coral – I didn’t think I’d like it because I hate a lot of young bands because they’re so crap, undisciplined and just a racket – but these boys are sweet. These boys know what they’re doing – they remind me of Strawberry Switchblade and ’Shampoo’ the movie."

The full Reni and Mani interview will be broadcast on Conrad Murray’s BBC GMR Manchester Music Show on June 1 between 7 and 10. See bbc.co.uk/manchester for details.

- - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Yeah I read something similar a few weeks ago about how John Squire wanted to reform the Roses to headline Glastonbury after Kylie pulled out.

Doubt it'll happen though.

Palace_Hero said:
'This Is The One' is one of the greatest songs ever.

Thought I'd express that. :)

I agree. :yes:

As regards the story, I have mixed feelings. If John and Ian can sort out their differences, it could work.

Mixed feelings here too....

It seems as if Ian and John are off doing similar sounding projects, and probably don't need the other two.

Oasis would be NO WHERE without the sound of Stone Roses

Back
Top Bottom