Stone Roses?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SIK

The Fly
Wow, I received their debut album I ordered from Amazon today, and I'm hooked after one listen. Does anyone else like this band too? Seems like I can pick out a whole lot of influences, was U2 one of them? What was I doing that was so important back in 89 that I missed these guys? *scratches head* Dunno, guess it was my obsession with U2.

John Squire is an amazing guitarist , the rhythym section is pretty good too...

WoW
I think I actually saw them play in Virginia back in 94-95? Has to be them, I may still have a Stone Roses sticker around somewhere. I can't remember much about them but that they were good.

Yeah I remember them! I really liked them too! What ever happened to them anyway? I never bought any of their stuff...kinda wish I had...

*runs off to the record store looking for Stone Roses stuff*

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

The Stone Roses were awesome, The first , album is the best debut album by any band ever. Its one of my all time favs and still sounds fresh 13 years later. They failed to capatalize on the succes of it and took them 6 years to bring out another album "Second Coming" This album is excellent but not as good as the first, It did not do as well as the debut album and they split up in about 95 or 96..

I went to see Ian Brown about a month or so ago, his solo is ok but not a patch on what he created with the roses. Squire formed the now defunct "Seahorses" which were ok..
he was a great guitarist..

My fav tracks are

This is the one
I am the resurection
Made of stone
Tears
How does it feel

All awesome
smile.gif

Check out a track called Fools Gold, It was not on the debut album (not the original release anyway) It was released after the first album and is a bit more dancy than the other stuff they brought out but sounds fantastic.

Madchester, Them were the days
wink.gif

------------------
Smoke me a kipper
Ill be back for breakfast

I like Stone Roses, but I like Charlatans better. I <3 Tim Burgess....
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I don't particularly like myth, but to me mystery is everything." --The Edge
"Left my sweet soul beneath the bedclothes/ I?m not coming down/ Walls have ears/ but no one hears/ when nobody?s around"--Starsailor

One of my all-time favorite bands. I was listening to the Sally Cinnamon EP the other day.

I have a ton of their CD Singles and singles on albums, posters, etc. etc. etc. Wish I had the opportunity to see them live.

Originally posted by yertle-the-turtle:
Still getting into the Charlatans though...

"Just When You're Thinking Things Over" is my favourite Charlatans song, followed closely by "And If I Fall" from the new album.
Oh, and you should definitely check out this site to see Tim Burgess's great dance moves--rawwwr!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I don't particularly like myth, but to me mystery is everything." --The Edge
"Left my sweet soul beneath the bedclothes/ I?m not coming down/ Walls have ears/ but no one hears/ when nobody?s around"--Starsailor

[This message has been edited by meegannie (edited 04-09-2002).] I should learn how to spell.

[This message has been edited by meegannie (edited 04-09-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom