Stir

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IWasBored

Blue Crack Supplier
i don't know anything about them. but i'd like to, and i haven't been smart enough to try looking them up online...

well, ok, that's sort of a lie. i know they put out an album called holy dogs

i know they have two songs, one called "climbing the walls" andohter called "new beginning"

so...what can you tell me about them?

they have an interesting name

oh well, it's 'research time' (this usually means heading down to that holy grail of music sites, allmusic.com)

Comprised of childhood friends, lead vocalist and guitarist Andy Schmidt and drummer Brad Booker, later bringing in bassist Kevin Gagnepain when all three were enrolled in the University of Missouri-Columbia, St. Louis's Stir have been making a name for themselves through their extensive touring and glossy power-pop. Originally signed by Aware Records after their showcase at the 1995 South By Southwest festival, their self-titled debut, though rather low budget, received some airplay. Eventually signing with Capitol Records, Stir produced a more focused, radio-friendly follow-up with 2000's Holy Dogs.

allmusic.com thinks there are shades of u2 on holy dogs but they didn't like it too much as an album, said it was too commercial and formulaic

which of course makes me want to check it out even more...:)

Back
Top Bottom