"Stevie Wonder Raps Eminem"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shrmn8rpoptart

War Child
AOL News Article
can't say that i don't agree with the man...
LOS ANGELES (Dec. 6) - In a rare public outburst, Stevie Wonder has blasted Eminem for ridiculing Michael Jackson in a video, and suggested the rapper was hypocritical because he owed his success to poor and black people.

Jackson himself has already lambasted Eminem's video for the song "Just Lose It," which makes light of child molestation charges against the self-styled "King of Pop."

Wonder joined the fray by telling Billboard magazine that he was "really disappointed" in Eminem.

"Kicking someone when he's down is not a good thing," Wonder was quoted as telling the music industry trade publication. "I have much respect for his work, though I don't think he's as good as (late rapper) 2Pac. But I was disappointed that he would let himself go to such a level."

Added Wonder, "He has succeeded on the backs of people predominantly in that lower pay bracket, people of color. So for him to come out like that is bull----."

A spokesman for Eminem was not available for comment. The song, hailed by the Los Angeles Times as a "playful look at celebrity voyeurism," is expected to be among the nominees when contenders for the annual Grammy Awards are unveiled on Tuesday.

12/05/04 19:55 ET

Meh, personally, I think it's just a silly video that isn't worth taking too seriously (for god's sake, Eminem runs down the street naked in it). The bigger a deal people make out of it, the more popular it will be and the more fuel Eminem will have to poke fun at Jackson (or anybody else) in the future. Eminem does what he does to get attention, so if people want him to go away, they should stop giving him said attention.

Angela

I like what Wonder said.:reject: I am not sure if Jackson abuses children. But I do believe Eminem can take things out of portion. I like when Wonder said this "But I was disappointed that he would let himself go to such a level." But then again we can expect that from Eminem. I do like what Moonlit_Angel said too. :up: ;)

Last edited:
You know, I hope some day someone makes a rap song about Eminem and makes fun of him.

Wonder how he'd like the taste of his own medicine.

Ooops, that's right, he doesn't. Remember how he reacted to the insult dog at those video awards? :down:
If you can dish it out, be ready to take it, too.

Last edited:
The song, hailed by the Los Angeles Times as a "playful look at celebrity voyeurism," is expected to be among the nominees when contenders for the annual Grammy Awards are unveiled on Tuesday.

i find that more offensive - there are far better songs out there, i know there are people here who like eminem's music, but as far as i'm concerned it, sucks.

what was the song where the guy was writing obsessed fan letters and he locks his girlfriend in the trunk and drives her off a bridge or something? how is mocking michael jackson (a man who is pretty much a joke at this stage anyway) more offenseive than that?

I am no fan of Eminem :no: but come on, Jackson made himself a joke, the plastic surgeries, the mask over his face in public, the veils on his kids, "Blanket" over the railing, sleeping with kids, he's a weirdo and he has no one to blame but himself. No one would joke on him if he weren't so weird.

I am weird too (though not in any of the ways he is) so I know this. I have a friend who is flambouyantly gay and goes around in odd colored hair and weird clothes, and he told me once, "if you're going to be weird, people are going to make fun of you, so you have 2 choices- either stop being weird and conform to what they want you do be, or learn to smile and wave!" :wave: It's too late for Jackson, he might as well smile and wave;)

Back
Top Bottom