Staying Power - David Bowie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well i was watching the man's best of dvd, and the thing which astonishes me, im a big fan of bands/acts like u2, REM, depeche mode and madonna (who people say is the next bowie, but that remains to be seen) which have lasted 20 years, and alot of them are sucking, people want them to break up, or die, or bordering on being majorly burned out, but Mr Bowie has lasted 30+ years!

i think the thing which keeps him ticking other than his ability to continue to write a good "catchy" song, is his ability to keep up with fashion, and styles of the times, it didnt bother him he looked ridiculous in a video or a certain music video he did in the past is so cheesey it borders on freaky! he just goes: 'yep, i did that' and moved on to the next phase

his ability to write music is astonishing as well because he doesnt have one of the greatest voices of all time, yet he has that uncanny ability to make music of any genre which accompanies his voice

for his staying power he is a deity

Bowie is possibly the greatest artist music has ever know. He changes all the time, but is never afraid to just put out a rock album. His "Heathen" release was one of the best albums of 2002.

Just last year he released a 30th anniversary edition of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars. The remastering is excellent, as is the bonus CD. This year he gave Alladin Sane the same treatment, with the same beautiful results. Magic rock.

I just bought his latest album, Heathen, a few days ago (yeah, it was released last year, but I never got around to buying it until now). It's amazing. 30+ years in the business and he's still putting out great material. He's also probably one of the coolest people on the planet.

I like the XFM commercial where he falls thru the roof of the motel into the elderly couple's room. I'd be pretty stoked if David Bowie fell thru MY roof. I'd make him play "Blue Jean"

Last edited:
He's releasing a new album soon :up:

reality_cover300k.jpg

Plus a tour. I can't wait to see him live -- I saw him at Area:Two but it was too short. A real concert would be fabulous.

I love the Bowie, I have to say. And it is not just that he is so phenominally talented. His ability as an over all artist to create a concept is amazing. (See the "I'm afraid of Americans" video.)
Always fresh, and always pertinent.

I love Bowie...his greatest hits was in my CD player for months!!! Love his new album as well...I think he'll be around for a long time still :up:

CrashedCarDriver said:
he doesnt have one of the greatest voices of all time

in fact he does :wink:

bowie is great, i saw him once give a great concert. my favorite album is hunky dory.

Back
Top Bottom