Star Wars: Episode VII: Revenge Of The Septuagenarian

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you missed my point. My friend at 40 not only has not lost any physical strength or speed since he was 20, he is now at 40 stronger and faster. That's 20 years of aging and he is now faster and stronger. What do you think will happen to his 3 mile time and the number of pull up's he can do in the next 30 years given the previous 20?

By age 70, if things follow the same path he'll be doing 3 miles in 4 minutes 48 seconds while doing 2869 pull ups(and starring in Star Wars episode 13). Friggin amazing.

By age 70, if things follow the same path he'll be doing 3 miles in 4 minutes 48 seconds while doing 2869 pull ups(and starring in Star Wars episode 13). Friggin amazing.

It's good to know that as long as you keep pushing, your body will just keep getting more amazing as you get older.

Wow, that would be amazing. The point I'm trying to make though is that being 70 does not necessarily mean your going to be a hunchback walking with a cane.

I suspect there will eventually be some decreases in my friends performance, but provided he keeps to his training and does not get a major illness, I don't think is performance will be very different from what it is at 40.

Is the question whether or not a 40 year old man will be 2.5x stronger by the time he is 70, if he keeps working out in the timeframe?

No, I said he is actually faster and stronger at age 40 than he was at age 20, but I never said by how much. The point I'm trying to make is that the typical image of what you consider to be age 70 does not necessarily have to be that way. I think my friends performance will decline some by 70, but not very much, provided he continues to train and avoids any major illness.

I guarantee it will decline significantly.

Well, it has not declined at all in the past 20 years. In fact, its improved. How do you explain that?

He has yet to experience any decline at all and he is now 40. At what age will he begin to experience a decline, let alone a significant decline?

I'd say by 50 there'll be a noticeable decline, by 55-60 a significant one and by 70 it'll take him at least an hour to do 3 miles if he is still running.

Why would you say something so unkind and unsocial?

Oh, that's right ... you're new here. Laz is our Laz, and he is often grumpy.

But we love tolerate him anyway.

I'm 40. I was not fast at 20 and I am not fast now. :(

People were thinking that Episode VII would feature Laz and Lance recreating the climactic Vader/Luke battle from Empire, but my sources have yet to confirm.

I'd say by 50 there'll be a noticeable decline, by 55-60 a significant one and by 70 it'll take him at least an hour to do 3 miles if he is still running.

LOL, take a look at these 70 year olds and you may want to reassess that estimate:

70 Year Old Bodybuilder Is Incredible - YouTube

AMAZING 70 year old from spain bodybuilder 2011 lifting 220 pounds 26 times.mp4 - YouTube

Hell, can you even bench press 220 pounds once? That 70 year old can do it 26 times! How many 25 year old men can even bench press 220 pounds once?

Once again, don't assume that just because someone is 70, that they are walking with a cane or can't run.

Oh, and by the way in reference to you claiming that it will take him at least an hour to run 3 miles at age 70, most people can walk 3 miles in one hour so that is grossly inaccurate!

arrested-development-george-michael-star-wars-kid.gif

LOL, take a look at these 70 year olds and you may want to reassess that estimate:

70 Year Old Bodybuilder Is Incredible - YouTube

AMAZING 70 year old from spain bodybuilder 2011 lifting 220 pounds 26 times.mp4 - YouTube

Hell, can you even bench press 220 pounds once? That 70 year old can do it 26 times! How many 25 year old men can even bench press 220 pounds once?

Once again, don't assume that just because someone is 70, that they are walking with a cane or can't run.

Oh, and by the way in reference to you claiming that it will take him at least an hour to run 3 miles at age 70, most people can walk 3 miles in one hour so that is grossly inaccurate!
Oh I have seen the light now...who knew there were at least 2 70 year olds who can lift weights in the world.
I completely see where you're coming from now Bukaroo, your friend should be setting world records in 30 years time, good on him. How about you? You doing sub 4 minute miles these days? You benching 69 reps of 350lbs? Can you enlighten me on your workout regimen and secrets to vitality? 70 is fast approaching and I need to get my act together, plan to celebrate my 70th by doing a triathlon in under 45 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom