St Mary’s Butts, Reading, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't think that was possible.

Also, awake at 3am two days in a row, oh dear. Yesterday was for work, which would be awful if I hadn't been up researching for a TV doco on trains. Today's for a gig, so that's OK I guess!

Never started a season with more than two wins before. The scary part is every game bar one they haven't been in any kind of trouble.

Also it's been a while since we met at opposite ends of the clock!

I don't think this thread is coming back from the Internet Afterlife.

If you should be the change you want to see in the world, apparently the change I want to see is foul-mouthed drunken cynicism.

Yes, well, I could have drank more this evening and posted regrettable shit online rather than rehearsing songs in my living room to, presumably, piss off my neighbours. Even though I'm not likely to perform at any gig any time soon.

Oh dear it does seem red wine is Miserable Axver Juice sometimes. A couple of nights ago it was "do more work more fast" juice, but not tonight! :happy:

Change, huh?

yo. Yo. YO. Guess what, guys? It's the timeliest of new things that's gonna kablam your socks off and throw 'em into the pile, because today, inspired by television, I'm Nostalgically Reviving BEER REVIEW SUPER SPECIAL SPECIAL DELUXE GO with a "frequently requested" lager, Stella Artois, because there was one in the fruit area of my fridge for some reason? and I didn't have anything fancy because I try not to drink at home much anymore :adam:

Okay, as everyone knows, beers are normally reviewed by the judgment of 3 things - 1. How much the beer's hue once pour'd resembles the legal Bavarian Purity colour (#F30405) 2. does the beer smell good from afar 3. and can I buy it at my local pub?. These are the main reviewing techniques they use on such revered journals as the food section of the a.v. club, for instance. I'm rapt (beer speak) to say that Stella really passes the grade for nearly half of these things and it's just so great to return on such a high, wow! Rock on, Stella!!

Interesting the ways in which this forum (in the larger sense) is subsiding, isn't it?

Notice how a bunch of the FYM crowd are FYM only? In certain cases, I count that a mercy.:sexywink:

Oh it's definitely a mercy, though I also find it remarkable that FYM keeps humming.

I also find it hard to believe that the iron horse died, but more in the sense of: was he ever alive?

Yes, he actually legit died.

There were the usual boilerplate RIP posts, and then people like DaveC, Vlad, and me who are coldhearted.

A few months ago? Not entirely sure. Somebody mentioned it in the general politics thread and there were a couple of pages of tributes.

Oh it's definitely a mercy, though I also find it remarkable that FYM keeps humming.

I also find it hard to believe that the iron horse died, but more in the sense of: was he ever alive?

Yes, that was a shame wasn't it. I had to smirk a little wryly at how he became the greatest guy ever in death. He was held in absolute contempt when he was alive and active. Not wholly undeserved, obviously, although he was more woefully misguided than actively horrible.

I feel like the penny's going to drop one of these days in FYM that Donald Trump is probably here for the duration. And maybe, geez, I dunno, maybe the conversation needs to turn to what defeating the Republicans in 2020 might look like. Or this year, that too, but right now it seems like it's all hanging on Mueller and Russia and Mueller and did I mention Mueller.

where is vlad anyway? I guess it's because he graduated or something, but shit, there's people posting here in their thirties, forties, even sixties, there's no rule that says you can't post once you finish uni.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom