St Mary’s Butts, Reading, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phil has more charisma than the rest of NZ put together in that video. I'm intimidated by his charisma
YwMBHUJ.gif

Didn't Neil and Tim actually get into fisticuffs after a Crowdies gig and that was the final straw?

Though Tim at the Opera House last year sounded better than I'd heard him at previous gigs. He seemed in good form.
ohhhh yeah...i gotta dust my finn trivia out...combwebs...brain...i can't think right now.

it seems like his voice keeps improving. i never listened to his last album. oops! or maybe the past coupe, idk.

Need some perspective. I feel 99% of this site just described an orgasm

Summer of Love and Lights of Home are better than anything released so far.

But Red Flag Day and The Showman aren't impressing me on first listen, the hype for them seems a bit much.

ohhhh yeah...i gotta dust my finn trivia out...combwebs...brain...i can't think right now.

it seems like his voice keeps improving. i never listened to his last album. oops! or maybe the past coupe, idk.

I found his solo albums pretty unrewarding so I haven't listened to the recent ones either...

I found his solo albums pretty unrewarding so I haven't listened to the recent ones either...
yeah, his music is getting a little too boring for me. when he put one of his songs off big canoe on his best of but re-recorded it to be all acoustic and slow i was like okay that's it. you're a boring old fuck now.

haha omg yes i have my speakers loud enough that i got to hear tim cough in nice to know

it's the little things (that) (you) ((giveaway)) (that's the name of the u2 son g right?)

yeah, his music is getting a little too boring for me. when he put one of his songs off big canoe on his best of but re-recorded it to be all acoustic and slow i was like okay that's it. you're a boring old fuck now.

Oh god did he? Acoustic versions are almost always of the devil.

Summer of Love and Lights of Home are better than anything released so far.

But Red Flag Day and The Showman aren't impressing me on first listen, the hype for them seems a bit much.
The opening track is a bit sonically interesting? I like U2 exploring sonically

The opening track is a bit sonically interesting? I like U2 exploring sonically

It's a real surprise, haven't had an opener like that in ages. The lyrics are a bit shite.

Little Things is better than the live versions. Think Edge is doing a bit more.

it was good, but the original is bette.r
Yeah. It makes you wonder where they could have gone if phil had kept his shit together. He was only just learning to write pop and jaysus he was nailing it.
When you say original youre referring ti Rootin Tootin right? There isn't a band version?

It's a real surprise, haven't had an opener like that in ages. The lyrics are a bit shite.

Little Things is better than the live versions. Think Edge is doing a bit more.
I want to be one of those who can pretend shit lyrics don't matter. But fuck they matter.
That man needs a minder.

Speaking of lyrics, Love Is Bigger sounds damn good but it's a shame about the lyrics. Like the repeated title line.

Yeah. It makes you wonder where they could have gone if phil had kept his shit together. He was only just learning to write pop and jaysus he was nailing it.
When you say original youre referring ti Rootin Tootin right? There isn't a band version?
yeah, definitely. look at where he went with the swingers.

yep! that is the one.

Best Thing remains the worst song on the album. Why the hell they made it the lead single I can't fathom.

13 is Song for Someone II and should've been left off Love Is Bigger would be a better closer anyway. Second half, like SOI, has most of the best stuff though.

yeah, definitely. look at where he went with the swingers.

yep! that is the one.
Such a mystery. Left the band cause you know, too introverted, hated touring etc. Then release counting the beat with a different band which he fronted. He's so peculiar.
Would have loved to had a video camera at malmsbury villa in the early 70s.

Meanwhile, i have committed to a week of chastity re new album. Absolutely committed.
Like all other attempts at chastity in my life i am failing. Downloading now.
I still may resist though...

To be fair, whrn kygo leaked best thing a year back most people here thought it waa a dead cert number 1.
It could certainly have been better if arranged differently. I don't dislike it. It's like lager. Nice enough on the right day but not interesting or worth telling your mates about.

I abandoned the thread because of dinner with a mate, then watching the Queensland election (phew One Nation did badly), then a great gig.

Now time to get about five hours of sleep before flying to Wellington. :happy:

(The :happy: is sarcastic only about the sleep. I'm legit happy to get a couple of days in Welly.)

To be fair, whrn kygo leaked best thing a year back most people here thought it waa a dead cert number 1.
It could certainly have been better if arranged differently. I don't dislike it. It's like lager. Nice enough on the right day but not interesting or worth telling your mates about.

I suspect a lot of that impression was based on assumptions about how "danced-up" Kygo had made it, and how much he had modified it. Certainly I did not expect the studio version to be as cut-and-paste as it is. I thought some of the less smooth transitions in Kygo's version from a year ago were from him remixing it, not because the band just forgot how to write a fucking song.

Guys it's time for another bad Christmas movie running diary, a Superthread tradition!

This year's movie is Christmas Bounty. It's about a bounty hunter and Santa or something.

Hahaha slow motion running in the first 3 minutes. The girl from Secret Life of the American Teenager jumped on top of a car from a rooftop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom