St Mary’s Butts, Reading, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yep! i think the reason you got them off me is (depending on the timing) he stopped regularly uploading stuff to his lj, and i'd already had the torrent by then so i no longer needed him. [emoji38] then in 2006 those remasters came out and i shared those too.

i'm jealous that you lot get to see them so much. the last time i saw any finn live was seeing the crowdies back when i lived in auckland! so it's been since 2010 or 2011, can't remember which. maybe i saw them in early 2012 before i left. i'd have to look on fb to check out the photo album and ewww effort.

pfft, you know my thoughts on the finns. not gonna debate it since i do like neil too and think he's immensely talented and might've saved the band from breaking up or something after phil left in...1976 or 1977. i forget. the short time with all three of them in the band was interesting, it's a shame more stuff wasn't recorded. it would've been cool if they'd had three frontmen.

Maybe I did get the originals off him? All I remember is getting the remasters off you, in any case.

We are pretty spoilt for Finn gigs down here, but then you get basically every other band on earth way more often than us. No, I'm not shaking my fist at U2, why would you ask? Not to mention certain others, including a couple that are now broken up who never toured Australia.

Neil's voice is so much better though! Surely there isn't much debate that his has at least aged better than Tim's.

since today's black friday, i did buy myself one thing: cooler barbells for my daith piercings. i've never been able to post a photo of my piercings on fb (i got them like two months ago or so) because it's really hard to see them, it's inside the ear. well not the inside where like your ear drum is and stuff, well it's hard to describe.

this is what the barbell i bought looks like, sorta:
anatometal-titanium-circular-barbell-with-cluster-bead-23171.jpg

but they're custom order so that's just a sample image. mine's gonna be way less purple. here's someone wearing that barbell in case anyone's wondering what the heck the piercing looks like:
image(38).jpeg

they clearly have a bunch of other ones too, but at least this way you know which one is the one i'm talking about. now i want to get a third hole on my earlobes again. i got them done when i turned 18, but one of them got fucked up so i had to take the earring out. i also wanna get an industrial and helix piercing. maybe that on one ear and on the other, just standard cartilage piercings all up the that one. this is what all these weird named piercings look like:
8edb663ab5443ab3e5c0f2fbf230f508--ear-piercing-guide-piercing-chart.jpg

now that i have my awesome haircut you can actually see that i even have pierced ears, so between that and the fact that i got my daith piercings, i have the piercing bug. i also really want to eventually get my half sleeve done on my arm, but i can't decide on what to get done. at least piercings are temporary, or you can even just change out the jewellery.

Maybe I did get the originals off him? All I remember is getting the remasters off you, in any case.

We are pretty spoilt for Finn gigs down here, but then you get basically every other band on earth way more often than us. No, I'm not shaking my fist at U2, why would you ask? Not to mention certain others, including a couple that are now broken up who never toured Australia.

Neil's voice is so much better though! Surely there isn't much debate that his has at least aged better than Tim's.
yeah, perhaps that's what happened. the remasters coming out might've been around the same time he mysteriously disappeared.

oh true, i'm not complaining, really. especially living where i am now, i'm relaly (no backspace rule in effect, although i can't feel the weed yet) spoilt. it's to the point where we have to skip gigs because we don't have the money to go to so many gigs or stuff clashes and we have to choose one of the other. silly me thought i could do acl (festival) AND see neon indian on the same night. wha ws i thinking. those weren't typos, i just didn't hit the keys hard enough. but yeah i know i am 100% guaranteed to get a migraine at a music festivals or any time i'm outdoors more than like ten minutes.

sam claims i owe him for like two shows now, but oh he doesn't realise what i went through to stick around while he saw rhcp close up the festival that night. but he's gonna drive me to san antonio to see two of the poppiest female pop stars who've ever pooped (omfg i meant popped but no backspace means no spa...fuck i mean no backspace) the day we get back from visiiing my dad in memphis. i'm not making him go TO the concert, just to the city — it's jsut an hour away.

And I really don't know how anybody gets a piercing. I'm not inflicting needles on myself unnecessarily! Even if the end result looks good. (Which it probably wouldn't on me.)

I... really don't want to think about these scatological pop stars of your no-backspace world, Khan. :lol:

omg i got do distracted i didn't reply to the rest. neil has definitely aged better than tim, voice-wise. and looks-wise. tim looks like fucking george washington now with his long a ss white hair. and the scruff or stubble or whatevs. come, on, dude!

neil looks the same, just greyer.

It's pretty clear Tim lived harder than Neil in the eighties. :laugh:

Or maybe Neil just got the good genes.

Schlongs of Experience: Zippyshare.com - SOE.aiff.zip

It's apparently from an FB feed so I'm not sure the quality will be much, but hey it's the album.
it leaked? haha cool. i don't ven (ugh i just forgot to type the e, that's the only reason i'm making typos, is just forgetting to type letters or just like not pressing hard enough. i need to get into the old school mindset of smashing the keys) fuck what was i gonna say. oh yeah. i don't even wanna listen to it really. i'll probably wait until it's out on spotify so i can stream it lazily. the songs haven't done much for me. blackout was cool, i didn't even listen to the latest one they released.

And I really don't know how anybody gets a piercing. I'm not inflicting needles on myself unnecessarily! Even if the end result looks good. (Which it probably wouldn't on me.)
it's fun. i probably have a high tolerance for pain, tattoos don't bother me all that much. you'd probably look cool with an incustrial piercing in one of your ears, they seem the most manly, haha. plus if you get titanium jewellery (the only stuff worth getting, everything else runs the risk of an allergic reaction) it can be anodised and can be just about any colour you like.

it leaked? haha cool. i don't ven (ugh i just forgot to type the e, that's the only reason i'm making typos, is just forgetting to type letters or just like not pressing hard enough. i need to get into the old school mindset of smashing the keys) fuck what was i gonna say. oh yeah. i don't even wanna listen to it really. i'll probably wait until it's out on spotify so i can stream it lazily. the songs haven't done much for me. blackout was cool, i didn't even listen to the latest one they released.

Seems the early opinions are that the non-singles are better than what's out there now, by and large. Curiosity compels me onwards. If this download will actually succeed.

it's fun. i probably have a high tolerance for pain, tattoos don't bother me all that much. you'd probably look cool with an incustrial piercing in one of your ears, they seem the most manly, haha. plus if you get titanium jewellery (the only stuff worth getting, everything else runs the risk of an allergic reaction) it can be anodised and can be just about any colour you like.

I'm a total wuss. Piercings or tattoos, I'm noping the fuck out of there.

Though on the tattoo front I've never had a good idea of what I'd want anyway, so it's a moot point.

probs a little of both. i think tim had a pretty bad drinking problm at one point? i wanna say it was that and/or smoking that caused his voice to sound terrible about 15 years ago.

You can definitely tell he must've smoked a lot. Neil has to have had more restraint in that regard just judging by his sustained vocal quality.

Didn't you tell me a couple of Tim's solo albums are basically him just going on about being in love with someone, and then they divorced and he hit the drink and whatever hard?

You can definitely tell he must've smoked a lot. Neil has to have had more restraint in that regard just judging by his sustained vocal quality.

Didn't you tell me a couple of Tim's solo albums are basically him just going on about being in love with someone, and then they divorced and he hit the drink and whatever hard?
yeah, definitely. bono's got the same issue, and he's another heavy drinker/smoker.

yeah, his second solor album, big canoe, is like :heart: my girlfriend :heart: and then his third solou (this is the queen's snglish spelling btw) album, the self-titled one, is like :sad: my ex-girlfriend :sad:

from what i've heard his heavy drinking ocnting...oh fuck i messed up that word. continued for a couple years and it played into why he left crowded house. like publicly it was said like "well he was here and now he's not" or whatever but there's rumours that other band memebers weren't happe with his drinking. no clue if any of it's true.

yeah, definitely. bono's got the same issue, and he's another heavy drinker/smoker.

yeah, his second solor album, big canoe, is like :heart: my girlfriend :heart: and then his third solou (this is the queen's snglish spelling btw) album, the self-titled one, is like :sad: my ex-girlfriend :sad:

from what i've heard his heavy drinking ocnting...oh fuck i messed up that word. continued for a couple years and it played into why he left crowded house. like publicly it was said like "well he was here and now he's not" or whatever but there's rumours that other band memebers weren't happe with his drinking. no clue if any of it's true.

Didn't Neil and Tim actually get into fisticuffs after a Crowdies gig and that was the final straw?

Though Tim at the Opera House last year sounded better than I'd heard him at previous gigs. He seemed in good form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom