St Mary’s Butts, Reading, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha. I remember butchering Worcester, Mass a few times when I worked at a call center in college.

I would have never guessed in a million years it was pronounced "Wusster"

Last edited:
See, that one I have no problem with since I grew up with Woostuhshire sauce.

Poms get confused when they come to Australia and find Tasmania's second-largest city, Launceston, is called "Lon-sess-ton" (or Lonnie) rather than how its English namesake is pronounced, "Lawn-ston". You can even pick an ignorant Australian who hasn't been to Tassie, because they'll combine the two pronunciations, calling it "Lawn-sess-ton".

Probably from Hobart. They don't recognise northern Tasmania as existing.

I seriously once spoke to a guy whose father was from Launceston and who travelled the world but point-blank refused to ever go to Hobart. That internal rivalry is fierce.

Probably from Hobart. They don't recognise northern Tasmania as existing.

I seriously once spoke to a guy whose father was from Launceston and who travelled the world but point-blank refused to ever go to Hobart. That internal rivalry is fierce.

Yeah but you Americans way over-pronounce the letter R. Calm down!

I know I'm not perfect, but I'm getting a tad alarmed at how many places I've rented at where I seem to have to use the phrase "I'm not your mum".

If you've cooked with something, and washed it, maybe put it away. I dunno. Maybe it's just me.

I'm particularly irritated when this happens with people who are older than me.

I share a house with my boyfriend and we rent a room to a good friend of ours. We also have a guest room and occasionally have visitors.

I clean up after every damn person, because I'm the only one that's ever bothered by mess and clutter. They'd happily live in the mess, but I can't stand it.

I don't generally mind when it's already at an easy starting point and usually looking for something to do while the kettle boils/food is cooking.

I was probably the youngest person at my last place, was in and out of the place as often as everyone else, but because I was the only person who sat in the lounge (hey I like sitting on the couch to work, and the TV for noise was a plus) somehow that made me the only person expected to clean up the kitchen/bathroom/toilet.

Might be a factor in why I'm getting the shits with the current clods I live with.

I'm willing to tolerate clutter, I sure produce enough of it myself, but leaving out food scraps or letting the bathroom be filthy? That's vile.

nothing tops one house i've been to. total shithole. actual heroin den, no metaphors. counters full of old food containers, dog shit everywhere... almost makes me able to stand that my kitchen sink is full of dirty dishes. almost.

nope.

nothing tops one house i've been to. total shithole. actual heroin den, no metaphors. counters full of old food containers, dog shit everywhere... almost makes me able to stand that my kitchen sink is full of dirty dishes. almost.

nope.

Sorry, I really should've disposed of the dirty needles.

You would think, as a country, after the two rather large shakes last year, we could work out a better tsunami warning system than:

TSUNAMI maybe
NO TSUNAMI
VAGUE TSUNAMI WARNING

Time to cuddle something buoyant and get some sleep? I guess?

An edited collection of my best worst best posts, the special edition printed ahead of my 150,000th post.

It's suitable for use as toilet paper.

I have shamed myself as a U2 fan.

I'm at a small sci-fi convention this weekend, hosting a table advertising a different convention that I work for. We've got some small board games to play with attendees.

One of the games is called Timeline, where each card has a thing on it that happened, with the date it happened on the card. You have to play the card in the correct place in time (between other events). Timeline has multiple versions. The one I play the most is "Historical Events", but today we were playing "Music and Cinema". Apparently I wasn't paying attention because when I pulled out the card for "Sunday Bloody Sunday", I thought it said just "Bloody Sunday" and played it in the wrong place. When I flipped it over and saw "1983", I felt such great shame.

Brb, killing self.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom