Springstein, where to start?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooshadow

The Fly
I was listening to a couple of Springstein mp3's my friends d\l and i quite liked them. this prompted me to want to buy an album. Do u know which album would be best for a beginer. ie a best of or the AB ot JT of the Springstein collection
ta

zooshadow out

He's got a compilation entitled The Best Of Bruce Springsteen, u should be able to get it for midprice somewhere...funny u are thinking about getting into him, I nearly bought something of his today, got some Spiderbait instead.

I would say try Live 75-85, or the last one he came out with-Live in NYC. You'd get a wide variety of songs, and could decide what you liked.

I've been a fan of his for quite a while, and I still don't own all of his albums. Born In The USA is one of my faves-also Born To Run. The 'darker' ones w/ more ballads like Nebraska are definitely worth listening to though.

Enjoy!!

[color=royal blue]1. *twitch* that Springsteen was spelled wrong

2. I'd start out with the Greatest Hits CD. And then see which songs you like best and get THOSE CDs. *loveth* Nebraska too. And Born in the USA. And Born to Run. And-- I'm not helping...hehe
[/color]

i feel like such a traitor...

I bought Greatest Hits a while ago, but I still cannot get "into" Bruce. :sad: It's not that I don't want to....I just haven't been able to. *sigh* It doesn't do anything for me. :(

Thanx guys, i think i will get a best of
thanx for tour comments
ps bretting
that is kind o scary u were gona get sprinsteen aswell.... *looks up to the heavens*

My favorite SpringSTEEN album, by far, is 1987's Tunnel Of Love. The follow-up to the commercial smash Born In The USA, Tunnel is a largely solo affair, more stripped down and less immediate. Its potency, however, is undeniable and I know many Bruce fans consider it his masterpiece as do I. Should be required listening for anyone about to wed (lest they think its all a bed of roses).

Back
Top Bottom