Springsteen VII ~ Wrecking Ball

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So the lead single to the new album is a cover, and on top of that, a cover that he has already done?

That's...a bit disconcerting.

This is the other album. Like Working on a Dream, I really don't care if it's good or not, just as long as I get to see him again and soon.

High apple pie in the sky hopes?

Had that song stuck in my head for like 5 minutes after I read the story : shudder:

Zoots is excited.

220px-Highhopes.jpg

:sad:

BTW, did he get banned again?

I'd normally agree, but he's already recorded and released this cover. At least choose a different song.

I get where you're coming from, but honestly who's heard a B side from Blood Brothers other than diehards? And I would certainly imagine this is a new recording, likely from the sessions with Morello from Australia.

I'm not sure what qtf means, but I'd rather have a good album. I'll absolutely go see Springsteen any time a tour comes through here. And the working on a dream tour was nice in the sense that the setlists weren't designed to overly promote that tour (there were a couple songs, but not like half the album or anything unnecessary like that), ok. But aside from that one album, I've liked everything else he's done the past decade (well, I did hate "we take care of our own" more than almost any other Springsteen song). I'd rather get a solid effort than an excuse to tour. :shrug:

I get where you're coming from, but honestly who's heard a B side from Blood Brothers other than diehards? And I would certainly imagine this is a new recording, likely from the sessions with Morello from Australia.

The video and EP sold something like 200,000 copies - it's not that obscure.

It would be like Pearl Jam re-recording Soldier Of Love and releasing it as the first single to their new album.

Maybe it will be a drastically different version and sound great, I don't know. I'm all for another tour, as I missed him this past year, but I don't want it at the expense of a quick follow-up shitty album like Working On A Dream was.

Oops, forgot to say anything, but I went ahead and started a new thread.

I was going to name it something really stupid, but instead, just went for lame again.

Back
Top Bottom