Springsteen V ~ Super Bowl Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning...........had computer issues last night........maybe it was the Jersey Devil?

Video: I DL'd the video thru a link in Backstreets (mega upload), went to import file in iTunes, then when it was in my library, I went up to Advanced clicked on create ipod/iphone version...........it converted the video. I think it looks pretty good on the ol ipod.

I haven't tried Videora for this yet........(can convert vdeo to ipod format; also has a DL youtube video conversion application~ dangerous! I have a lot of Harley Fest videos on the iPod now along with Santa Claus Is Coming To Town, If I Should Fall, Some Seeger Sessions, Sherry Darlin'. Bruce inducting U2 into Rock & Roll HOF, videos of my U2 concert in 2005..........let's just say my hard drive is becoming a little grumpy).

Song: DL thru BruuuuuuuuuuuceSpringsteen.net, played it thru iTunes, converted to AAC

Voila! Both on the ipod :)

I've a version that will work in iTunes but not on your iPod, is that what you want?
I don't know. :sad: I'm confused.

Video: I DL'd the video thru a link in Backstreets (mega upload), went to import file in iTunes, then when it was in my library, I went up to Advanced clicked on create ipod/iphone version...........it converted the video. I think it looks pretty good on the ol ipod.
I tried that with the Quicktime mpeg and it didn't work.

I haven't tried Videora for this yet........(can convert vdeo to ipod format; also has a DL youtube video conversion application~ dangerous!
Does this work on macs?

Song: DL thru BruuuuuuuuuuuceSpringsteen.net, played it thru iTunes, converted to AAC
The song plays just fine on my iTunes with no converting needed. I just dragged it in.

I downloaded the Realplayer vid from that guy. The other guy who gives directions on how to import it to iTunes was helpful, but you gotta have Quicktime pro to import it into iTunes.

I'm too cheap to spring for Pro.

But I do appreciate all the love. :)

Well, gave it a listen. The four I knew are still my favourites though at this stage, with probably Dancing in the Dark the best. However I was quite a fan of Bobby Jean and Downbound Train. I waited for My Hometown to become good, even interesting, but it didn't. :lol: Not sure I'll ever be a big fan of this bloke; the Americanism is overhwhelming and I'm sure I'm missing a lot. So far, Born to Run >>>>>>> Born in the USA.

I hope somebody gets a good recording of Bruce today in Ohio! :hyper:

I've never been a big fan of Dancing In the Dark, but I really like the live version they did on the Magic and Rising tours. It's more fun.

I still could live without Glory Days. Meh.

No Surrender is fun, and I really like Bobby Jean and Downbound Train. I've actually come to love the title track, and if I'm in just the right mood, it can make me get a little verklempt.

I like My Hometown. I think it wraps up the album well. Nice long fadeout.

Dancing In The Dark hasn't aged well, of course. But yeah, the recent live versions really rock.

Downbound Train is by far my favorite song on the album, and I'm On Fire following it is perfect.

Darlington County is a hell of a lot of fun, too. That one always gets a lot of spins in the summertime.

And I also like My Hometown. I think it's a good lyric and, like Phanan said, a fitting way to close the album.

Normally, I'd agree with you. But there have been strong indications that this is actually going to happen.

Well then I'll just blame you if it doesn't :wink:

I watched the video- I think he said something about Sarah Palin before the song, I'd have to watch it again. I liked it too.

^ :applaud:!!!!!!!!!!!!! All the Jersey Devilish Bruce you can stand over and over and over.........

I like My Hometown. I especially like it live. Watching the emotion Bruce puts into singing the song and then the audience participation during the "your hometown" :heart:
I have only been to 2 Springsteen/E Street concerts and I can say that there is not one song that I wouldn't want to hear performed.........maybe it is the newbie in me, but I really don't see that changing........he can play/sing/perform anything his heart desires.

New song?

New Album?

Someone doesn't like My Hometown?

I've missed so much :wink:

*waits for class to end* I wanna hear the new song :sad:

New album in January?!? :hyper:

Thanks for posting that video from Cleveland on Sunday (I like the song, BTW). I was in Toledo on Saturday and I just *knew* I should have went on to Cleveland instead of driving back home to Detroit on Saturday night. But nooo! I had no idea! :doh:

I REALLY hate Patti's voice. A lot. I can barely concentrate on the song for it. But otherwise it's decent.

I don't care for her voice, either. I don't mind her as a backup singer, but when she gets a solo line (like "If I Fall Behind,") I just want to reach through my CD player and silence her with a hand over her mouth.

She was really loud on this too. And she was being extra obnoxious. I just.. UGHGHG I was so glad she wasn't at either show I was at. (not like she was at many shows at all as it was though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom