Springsteen V ~ Super Bowl Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooooh, yes, I really like that one. Thanks Phanan. When did that surface? I had no idea he was doing a song for that movie.

On a side note that movie is generating a ton of positive buzz and Mickey Rourke looks to be one of the front-runners for an Oscar for his performance in it.

Could Bruce be up for another Oscar for Best Original Song?

Thank God Workin' on a Dream wasn't the best song on the album.

My Lucky Day is good enough to allow me to feel that this album will be enjoyable.

My favorite is The Wrestler :heart: I would like to think that would get nominated for a Oscar
Lucky Day is next
Working On A Dream is on the bottom out of the 3.

Ugh, I don't like the cover at all.

newsWOADcover.jpg

Oh dear. I'm more afraid to venture over there for this matter than I was for the Working on a Dream halftime debacle.

Yeah, album covers have certainly not been a strength of his.

You know it's bad when one of his best album covers is a simple black and white photogragh through the windshield of a car.

It makes the Magic cover look like a Picasso.

The only good thing about this cover is reading the horrified posts over on Backstreets. :lol:

Best comment there:

Easy to see now why they took The Jersey Devil off - it would scare the shit out of all the five year olds who buy the album.

Yeah, that disappoints me as well. It had a cool Tom Waits-meets-the Midnight Rambler thing going on.

Better Days+Lucky Town+Lonesome Day=My Lucky Day?

I guess after 45 years it's hard to come up with new titles and lyrics...

Song is great, though.

So everyone hates Working On A Dream (the song)?

It's really grown on me. I love Bruce's vocal on the song. The tune gets stuck in my head everytime I play it, and it's fun to sing.

"The rain pourin down, I swing my hammer. My hands are rough from wurkin' on a dream..."

That's just bad. Like, horribly bad.

And Bruce continues his amazing streak of shitty album covers!

A record not likely to be broken anytime soon.

It makes the Magic cover look like a Picasso.

The only good thing about this cover is reading the horrified posts over on Backstreets. :lol:

It's like a Bruce paint-by-numbers!

Don't know if I would want to take credit for that cover, whoever it is.........
Day into night with blood like splatters on his shirt? 'Splain please.

Yeah, album covers have certainly not been a strength of his.

No they have not. Although I think the Born In The U.S.A. cover is pretty iconic by now. Bruce's patriotic butt and all that. And I've always really liked the Born to Run cover...but that might just be because I love that album so damn much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom